“a decent affordable motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge) (Point Loma)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #179 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
San Carlos, California
“a decent affordable motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I booked this motel because it's got excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. It is indeed cheaper than most other places, and close to everything (Seaworld, Zoo, downtown, old town, etc.), and there are tons of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. around that area. The problem is that the motel is located on a very busy road. Once we step out of our room (facing the parking behind the building), we can hear the loud traffic all the time. The motel has a swimming pool but very tiny and right by the main road. The parking space is also very tiny. We drove a Corolla, not an SUV, but already felt difficult turning around the building looking for a parking. Our room (a standard King) is clean but very small, with windows high up on the wall, making it feel like a jail. On regular basis the motel is only $59/night, pretty good deal for its location and quality. It's a decent place to stay if you'll be out somewhere all day long, but it's not a place where I could relax by the pool or in my room reading, web browsing, etc.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet space of your own during the trip, I'd suggest that you ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Zaandam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a pretty OK place to stay with the quality of our stay pretty much what we expected for the price. Location is a bit subpar (2 mile walk to Old Town, you'll need public transport for anything else).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Huachuca, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just needed a place to stay for one night before a long drive back home. Clean room & they let us check in early (around noon instead of 3pm). The staff were nice, not super friendly or welcoming but I have nothing negative to say about them. Good value & they have free parking. I'd stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Romford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid June.

Good things I would say are:
Helpful staff
Ok location
Parking available

Bad things:
Really loud aircon
Room stank of damp
Beds uncomfortable
Bathroom not clean
Found wiry hairs everywhere (ew!)
Breakfast just coffee and Danish

Stayed June 2014
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed for months at the Loma Lodge and paid a lot of MONEY was told I could continue to stay at the hotel for a SPECIAL RATE over 100 dollars for a single bed, as long as I didn't say anything to any other guest the Owner Gene Berger and the GM Neal Singh lied to me, said it was the best deal they could offer, my friend is also staying at the hotel and he is only paying $59 dollars a day and that is what they are advertising outside on the sign. I asked to get that rate and was told NO. They would rather a good guest be gone. They lie to the guest and pick and choose who they want and they treat there employees horrible. And do not appreciate anyone, "I heard Gene saying let all the weekly's go who cares I make more money when they are gone!" Glad I'm gone!!!

Room Tip: None that Gene Berger owns or Neal Singh runs!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Most of the mid range hotels are very similar to each other in States, following the same concept of construction. All they have simple American breakfast and amenities.
It was good hotel in the out skirts of San Diego. Has some restaurants nearby.
Room was clean. People at the front desk was good and friendly.
Thanks & Wishes!!!
Raju India

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

First, the good: Wifi is strong. No roaches. I didn't see bed bugs, but I was sure itching up a storm even though the bed was comfy.

The bad. I was charged for the room before I even got there. Filthy carpet, smelly bathroom, loud banging air conditioner, extremely thin walls, loud area, dirty ice machine which is not even free! I was afraid to touch anything! Key card was constantly de-magnetized, and they seemed more put out than I was to redo it.

The ugly. I politely asked to change rooms. Was nastily told there were no other rooms, yet there was a vacancy sign. The foul-mannered manager named Sarah [---\I believe (I was refused names - no name tags) locked me out of my room as she was yelling and blaming me for the poor conditions in the room (all of this as I'm ill upon waking from the mold and smell from the leaking sink into the cabinet in the bathroom). I had to call the police. She had her 2 ghetto minions give me dirty looks as well. Sarah is a hateful person who infects others with her negativity. I actually feel badly for her! There will be a health department complaint, because this place needs to be shut down! Don't be fooled by a cheaper price, you will be sick for sure! There are plenty of places around which are much cleaner, and the personnel is much friendlier. You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!