“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge)   |
Ranked #151 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Oceanside, California
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The newly renovated Deluxe room was clean, and had all the amenities that you need (coffee pot, microwave, mini-fridge). The staff is friendly and helpful. Not a fancy place, but is a great value. Not my first time at this property, and won't be my last.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your nice review & we appreciate your business. We hope you got one of our frequent stay cards during your stay & hope to see you again. Brian Johannsen-- GM

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband, son, and I stayed here when we came in to town for another son's graduation ceremony from Marine boot camp. We chose this place because it was both the most reasonably priced and cleanest we could find without prior reservations. Also, it's located within walking distance of stores and restaurants and it's no more than a couple of miles from the Marine Corps Recruit Depot (MCRD) where the graduation ceremony was taking place.

Our room had 2 double beds separated by a shared nightstand with lamp, TV armoire, small desk with chair, small refrigerator and a luggage rack. The room had a fairly spacious open closet with a shelf running across the top. The bathroom was average sized with a larger shower area in lieu of a bathtub. There are no laundry facilities for guests but they do have irons and ironing boards upon request at the front desk. As stated the room, including the carpets, bed, furnishings, and the bathroom were very clean. My only gripes about the room would be that it had a strange smell, it reminded me somewhat of cat litter, and the bathroom had no towel bars or racks to hang anything on. Other than that, it served its purpose in giving us a place to lay or heads for a couple of nights in a clean and peaceful environment. They serve a very small continental breakfast in the morning consisting of coffee, teas, muffins, bagels, and pastries and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was also allowed to view the room before renting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We thank you for your nice review & hope we have earned your business should you return to beautiful San Diego again you will keep us in mind. Have a great day! Brian Johannsen--GM
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

If your looking for great little hotel this is the place...  Inexpensive, nice staff, clean, great pool.

Recommended great restaurants
10 min from sea world 15++ from zoo.
Way to visit San Diego cheap!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor back side.. Seems to be a busy road but is not bad at night
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of my staff & myself we thank you so much for your review & are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the business & hope to see you again! Brian Johannsen-- GM
Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed two nights in Oct 2013. the staf were very friendly and courteous. The room was small but very clean and the beds were comfortable. The lodge was very easy to find and less than ten minutes from Sea World. What the lodge lacked in amenities it more than made up for in other areas. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Just want to say thank you for a great review & we are happy that you stay was the best! Thanks again :) Brian Johannsen-- GM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed this property for 1 day last month. I apologize for my late post as I have been travelling on business, and have not been able to sit down and write about my awful experience at this Motel.

First, at check-in, I felt as though I was a burden to the staff. Although I was greeted it did not seem very genuine or heartfelt. It was no doubt a fake hello and did not go much farther than that. Ordinarily I wouldn't expect 5 diamond service at a cheap motel, but I gave this place a try because of the positive reviews on this site. I guess I just hyped up an standard cheap motel in my mind to be something more than it could be.

Secondly, the room was crap, although again I suppose this was because I hyped the property up too much in my mind. When booking a cheap motel I suppose I should have expected hairs on my pillow and sheets and pubs in the bathroom.

Thirdly, and most importantly, I will say that management was petty to say the least, and does not value their guests. I called the front desk to voice my concerns about the cleanliness of my room and speak with the manager and was told the manager would either call me back, or come to my room. 2 hours later neither happened. I called again and was told the manager had left for the day. No sorry, no let me find you a new room, no ill send someone up in a biohazard suit to remove the pubs from your room- nothing. I never thought I would be able to say this, but management is definitely not qualified to run this motel- not sure how anyone could be not qualified to run this crap hole but nonetheless I was surprised again.

I wanted to close with a message for Mr. Johannsen. I applaud your dedication in responding to your guest's reviews. That being said do not bother using your standard cut and paste response to this review. If I wasn't worth your time while I was a guest at your property, I am surely not worth your time now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear u had a bad experience with us but I was never told of this whatsoever. I hope u will contact me on who u spoke to about your complaints so I can prevent this. I do value my guests if not I wouldn't have awesome reviews & would not be the GM of award winning ABVI Loma lodge. I hope u will contact me.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed one night in Mid Sep 2013. The price was exceptionally good, especially given the prime location - both near the Airport; MCRD; and and directly on Rosecrans - the primary street out to Point Loma - one of the most beautiful areas of San Diego. The rooms are a tad bit smaller than some of the newer/larger hotels - but hey you are paying a third or even a fourth of the price. The rooms are clean, the AC works well AND the windows open and provide great ventilation on those MANY San DIego days when you just want to enjoy the fresh air.
The Staff is exceptional - I left via the Airport the next morning, and realized when I got home that I had left the charger for my laptop in the room. I called the staff at the Loma Lodge, and they recovered my charger AND shipped it back to me in Alaska - NO CHARGE...Now that IS Customer Service to be proud of.

Room Tip: I liked my upstairs room facing away from Rosecrans - but seriously they are most likely all fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
On behalf of myself & my staff we thank you for your awesome review and are pleased we made your stay the best. I am also glad you got your cord back & it was my pleasure to send to you. We hope when you travel to San Diego again we will be your choice for accommodations. Thanks again for the nice review. Brian Johannsen General Manager
Desert Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful we book our tour on there computer, the bed was soft and the little frig more than adequate room was supper clean and smelled nice coffee and muffin in the morning to. We went on a tour of the USS Midway, walk around the san sculptures on the tour dock. From the lodge we walk to breakfast and dinner, the pool was clean and refreshing! thanks to the friendly staff for an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: number 11 is pool side room, park at front door. Friendly area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
On behalf of my staff we thank you for the very nice review & if back again please be our guest again. Thanks! Brian Johannsen General Manager

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!