“Excellent staff; Good Value; Good Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge) (Point Loma)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #177 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent staff; Good Value; Good Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed one night in Mid Sep 2013. The price was exceptionally good, especially given the prime location - both near the Airport; MCRD; and and directly on Rosecrans - the primary street out to Point Loma - one of the most beautiful areas of San Diego. The rooms are a tad bit smaller than some of the newer/larger hotels - but hey you are paying a third or even a fourth of the price. The rooms are clean, the AC works well AND the windows open and provide great ventilation on those MANY San DIego days when you just want to enjoy the fresh air.
The Staff is exceptional - I left via the Airport the next morning, and realized when I got home that I had left the charger for my laptop in the room. I called the staff at the Loma Lodge, and they recovered my charger AND shipped it back to me in Alaska - NO CHARGE...Now that IS Customer Service to be proud of.

Room Tip: I liked my upstairs room facing away from Rosecrans - but seriously they are most likely all fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
On behalf of myself & my staff we thank you for your awesome review and are pleased we made your stay the best. I am also glad you got your cord back & it was my pleasure to send to you. We hope when you travel to San Diego again we will be your choice for accommodations. Thanks again for the nice review. Brian Johannsen General Manager

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Desert Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful we book our tour on there computer, the bed was soft and the little frig more than adequate room was supper clean and smelled nice coffee and muffin in the morning to. We went on a tour of the USS Midway, walk around the san sculptures on the tour dock. From the lodge we walk to breakfast and dinner, the pool was clean and refreshing! thanks to the friendly staff for an unforgettable stay.

Room Tip: number 11 is pool side room, park at front door. Friendly area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
On behalf of my staff we thank you for the very nice review & if back again please be our guest again. Thanks! Brian Johannsen General Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a great stay at a great price! the room was clean and the bed was amazing! I had one of the best nights sleep in years! my boyfriend and i celebrated his birthday here and he loved it. the wifi was fast as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review & it pleases me very much that you stay was excellent & you had a great night's sleep. Thanks for staying with us! Brian Johannsen GM
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a great experience here. The staff was uniformly cheerful and helpful. It was an excellent, economical visit. The small inconveniences (noted in other reviews) were more than compensated for by the great location (so central to all the fun places, beaches, etc.) and the positive vibes that the staff radiates. I somehow managed to leave my cell phone behind and the manager graciously mailed it along to me - the cell phone actually arrived home before we did! The place showed me that even travelers on a budget can have a quality experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west will have less street noise to deal with
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the nice review & we are so glad you got your phone back :) Hope we will have your business one day again. Thanks for staying with us! Brian Johannsen GM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Parking lot is a big problem - had to park on the street a few times, got a scratch on the car while alseep because the spots are so tight, entry access to the parking lot is also very tight alley. Multiple stairways to get to the second floor, tiny pool, unreasonable breakfast (coffee and doughnut), free wifi. The AC was quite weak and didn't cool the room very well. For sightseeing/tourism you aren't going to be in the room much, if at all, so for the price for just a bed to sleep in this is ok. If you are looking for anything else there are much better places to stay.

Room Tip: More important would be to try to arrive early when there are parking spots still available each day...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We thank you for your review yet this bldg was built in 1957 & because of bldg codes now we cannot increase our parking & during high season unfortunately we have a jammed parking lot. I do apologize but also our breakfast is not just coffee & donuts we have bagels with butter & jam, fresh fruit & assorted muffins & pastries. Please see our 4 star rating on trip advisor for 3 straight years. Thanks again for your review. Brian Johannsen-- General Manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here at the start of our California road trip. This place ticked all of our boxes:- the room was clean, the bed was comfy (especially after a 12hr flight) and the price was fair. I was pleasantly suprised with the spread for breakfast. Pastries, Fruit, Cereal, Toast, Coffee and a selection of Teas (yes, they did have English Breakfast) The pool was clean and well lit. The hotel is in a main road and close to the train tracks so you will hear some noise, not deafening, but if you are a light sleeper maybe ask at check-in if a quiteter room is possible. Overall, was a decent cheap hotel close to the Old Quarter. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We thank you for your honest review & strive to do our best. Have a great day! Brian Johannsen--GM
Alpine, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Let's face it, I was just looking for a good deal. This was the cheapest hotel I could find that sleeps 6 people. If you need a cheap place to sleep at night while on vacation this will do. Continental breakfast was coffee, fruit & pastries. Just grab & go as there was no place to sit and eat, definitely not family friendly. We ate at a nearby McDonalds every morning. There is a Target and Ralphs grocery store nearby but there was no fridge in the room so you can't really buy perishables. It is very close to a busy road so it is very loud, but my family can sleep through anything so not a big deal to us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello, On behalf of myself & my staff we are sorry that you feel we are not family friendly. ABVI Loma Lodge was built in 1957 and due to building codes & regulations it is very costly to make improvements to our motel therefore we have to manage the best we can with the space we have to serve our breakfast. We also have lots of great reviews from guests with families who have really enjoyed our family rooms, our pool, and our awesome service & very clean rooms. We hope you will come back to be our guest again. Sincerely, Brian Johannsen GM

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!