“Reasonable price but not best location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge) (Point Loma)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #170 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Seoul, South Korea
“Reasonable price but not best location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We reserved this hotel with reasonable price. The staff of the hotel was kind. We used coin laundary and dry and they worked well. The room was very quiet. Shopping malls(Especailly Loma square which was good) and restaurants were very close. They provided free wireless internet.
But it took 15 minutes from the old town station by walk. They provided no hair dryer and electric kettle in our room. The breakfast was only coffee, cookies and some bread.
However I liked this hotel in most aspects.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I thank you for you review & hope you will stay with us again. We do have a great central location to all the attractions in beautiful San Diego & hope we see you again.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to stay in San Diego. It is conveniently located to the airport, beach, and downtown. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the Loma Lodge to anyone planning a trip to San Diego.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Friendly staff and fantastic location. Everyone on staff was very accommodating. Stayed at the Loma Lodge for a family trip and had a great experience. Will defintiley stay there next time I am in San Diego

Bryan, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a wonderful place to set up camp in San Diego. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to this area. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. The entire staff was amazingly professional and friendly, especially the manager an d front desk attendants. I can not wait until the next time I travel to San Diego, and I will definitely be staying at the Loma Lodge. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor were perfect.
Texas City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were in town for family get together and the Loma Lodge worked out very good for our family. It's very conveniently located to get to the airport, beach, family get togethers and downtown activities. Rooms very clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of my staff & myself we thanks you for you recent 4 star review & hope we may serve you again should you return to beautiful San Diego.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Loma Lodge in order to have a short cab ride after a planned night out. We had previously stayed at the OB Hotel which was booked up because of Oktoberfest. The price and location were right, so we gave it a shot.
The room was a little dark and seemed a bit dingy, but the beddings and towels were clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but rather slow. We stood there for about 10 minutes listening to them discussing the business of the day while they were changing shifts instead of checking us in. Overall, I'm happy with what we got for the money but don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting a free lunch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello Sir, I do apologize if you felt your room was not up to par and this is not how we do business. Feel free to contact me so you can stay with us again on me. Sincerely, Brian Johannsen GM
Grayslake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Would not stay anywhere else in the area. Clean rooms, friendly,outstanding staff (even if I left somethings behind) they arranged for me to get it returned to me. Will be staying here again in the future. Weekly rates also allow a great stay at a reduce price in the middle of the city

Room Tip: Close to restaurants, stores & public transportation to the door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hi Bonnie, Thanks so much for the awesome review and if back in San Diego email me direct I will give you a free upgrade to our King Deluxe room. Much appreciated! Brian Johannsen--GM

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!