“Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge) (Point Loma)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #183 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Texas City, Texas
“Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to stay in San Diego. It is conveniently located to the airport, beach, and downtown. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend the Loma Lodge to anyone planning a trip to San Diego.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Friendly staff and fantastic location. Everyone on staff was very accommodating. Stayed at the Loma Lodge for a family trip and had a great experience. Will defintiley stay there next time I am in San Diego

Bryan, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a wonderful place to set up camp in San Diego. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to this area. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. The entire staff was amazingly professional and friendly, especially the manager an d front desk attendants. I can not wait until the next time I travel to San Diego, and I will definitely be staying at the Loma Lodge. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor were perfect.
Texas City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were in town for family get together and the Loma Lodge worked out very good for our family. It's very conveniently located to get to the airport, beach, family get togethers and downtown activities. Rooms very clean and staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMLOMALODGE, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of my staff & myself we thanks you for you recent 4 star review & hope we may serve you again should you return to beautiful San Diego.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Loma Lodge in order to have a short cab ride after a planned night out. We had previously stayed at the OB Hotel which was booked up because of Oktoberfest. The price and location were right, so we gave it a shot.
The room was a little dark and seemed a bit dingy, but the beddings and towels were clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but rather slow. We stood there for about 10 minutes listening to them discussing the business of the day while they were changing shifts instead of checking us in. Overall, I'm happy with what we got for the money but don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting a free lunch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello Sir, I do apologize if you felt your room was not up to par and this is not how we do business. Feel free to contact me so you can stay with us again on me. Sincerely, Brian Johannsen GM
Grayslake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Would not stay anywhere else in the area. Clean rooms, friendly,outstanding staff (even if I left somethings behind) they arranged for me to get it returned to me. Will be staying here again in the future. Weekly rates also allow a great stay at a reduce price in the middle of the city

Room Tip: Close to restaurants, stores & public transportation to the door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hi Bonnie, Thanks so much for the awesome review and if back in San Diego email me direct I will give you a free upgrade to our King Deluxe room. Much appreciated! Brian Johannsen--GM
San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

On the website this motel looks so very nice-so I couldn't wait to stay here HOWEVER on arrival it was nothing like the pictures on the website, the hotel staff were rude and unfriendly not to mention unhelpful, when I entered the room I felt a dirty feeling, it was smelly, tatty, very, very dated and in general awful-I am not a motel / hotel room snob but this room made me feel depressed-it was more like a prison cell than some nice place to stay, I waited for my friend to arrive from washington who took one look and said "this is less than satisfactory" we went straight to the reception and checked out-something that I have never had to do this ever in my whole life...but I couldn't even spend one night in this motel room.
We were told that we'd given a smokers room (even though we had not requested a smokers room-since none of us smoke and I have Asthma-made worse by smoke) and smokers trash motel rooms so it wasn't one of the best rooms!! The manager and assistant were rude!!
I wouldn't recommend this motel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am sorry for your experience and this is not the way we do business. I do apologize but to future guests we strive to be the best we can but please read all of our reviews before making your choice where to stay in beautiful San Diego. Thanks! Brian Johannsen GM

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!