“Very Poor Management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110 (Formerly Loma Lodge) (Point Loma)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #183 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles
“Very Poor Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Drove up to a beautiful lodge and a very friendly and warm woman manager. Our room was clean and nice and our first night was great.Got up in the morning and went to the zoo, left our roomtag for cleaning on the door. Arrived back at 9:30 pm the room was never cleaned and after two calls and one hour later we were given clean towels and we took showers. We received a call asking to keep the noise down. We were confused and stated we just took showers and were watching a movie, there must be a mistake. Watched the movie and while we were getting in the bed to sleep we got a knock on the door and were told we would have to leave due to the noise. "What noise; we just finished a movie and are in bed?" We were told the police were on their way if we did not leave; so we packed our things and sat and waited for the police. The police came, investigated the complaint and found it unfounded. The Police tried to get our money back but the night manager refused. The officer left his name, badge number and the incident number and stated we could use him as a witness to get our money back. The lodge never answered to our complaint and never gave us our money back. Because it was late in the night we lost our second day of our vacation that we had saved hard for and drove home to Los Angeles, over 250 miles. I have traveled my whole life and never had one problem. We are good, considerate travelers but this night manager never investigated the complaint and ASSUMED it was us. I would never recommend this place to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Please read our other reviews before forming an opinion on where you choose to stay in beautiful San Diego. We are an award winning property providing the very best guest service we can and we go over & beyond to take care of our guests and sometimes it is unfortunate that we cannot please all. Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Loma Lodge. It was quite, clean and tastefully furnished. The rates were reasonable. My only complaint was not enough outlets to charge our laptop and cell phones. Free wifi but the connection was a bit faint. All in all, a good night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I came in very late one night and had a reservation through Hotwire and apparently Hotwire did not give payment information to the hotel and they said I owed for the night. I had prepaid through Hotwire, but Keith, the clerk got on the phone with Hotwire and while he was on hold he figured out what happened and was kind enough to bring me out from the cold while I waited and took my bag to the room. This isn't a four star hotel, but I had four star service.

Room Tip: Book with hotel directly.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Waubay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I recently went to San Diego where I was once a resident of 12 years to visit my 4 children and as usual I chose the Loma Lodge. The staff was friendly and professional, the breakfast bar was a great way to start the day and meet other travelers and when I had problems with my visa card the staff went out of their way to accomodate and help me. I plan on coming back in July to enjoy their beautiful pool!

Room Tip: I would choose a king size bed next time
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a nice place to stay. The staff is great, they all know the City well .I stay at loma lodge it is close to everything. Golf, Restaurants of all type ,all major highways,Old Town,Down Town ,It is always very Clean It is the BEST DEAL FOR THE PRICE IN SAN DIEGO.!!!!!! Stay and see.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are Quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Drove to San Diego for my birthday. Had a great time, love the location of the hotel, right in the middle of everything, from the beach to the golf courses and even sight-seeing places. A short few blocks to old town San Diego with all the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dongara, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I live "Downunder" in Western Australia. I was visiting friends I made in the early 1990's when I played in Dixieland Jazz Bands. My visit included the 2011 Thanksgiving Day San Diego Jazz Festival. Kind friends let me use their home in Point Loma during the Festival, however, unexpectedly, this caused me to come down with severe allergic sinus infections, so much so, that I missed my flight home! Happily, Loma Lodge provided the fresh clean air in a super comfortable room with excellent bathroom facilities to allow two day's recovery prior to the delayed 41 hour trip home! What a blessed relief! The shopping on the other side of Rosecrans Street also provided lovely gifts for family & grandchildren! So disaster turned into a delight!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
On behalf of my staff & myself we appreciate your kind words & we were glad that you were delighted with our motel. If you are ever back in beautiful San Diego, Ca I hope you will call on us for your motel accommodations. Thanks Again, Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge? Share your experiences!