“Rose was WONDERFUL!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #230 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rose was WONDERFUL!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were just looking for a place to keep our belongings, take a shower and sleep while we were visiting San Diego for our nephew's graduation from Marine Boot Camp. Rose was fantastic! Very polite, friendly -- she made me start believing in good customer service again. The room was a perfect size for two adults, had an in-room safe for personal belongings, a good size mini-frig w/freezer, a microwave, coffee pot and flat-screen TV with plenty of channels. The marina was a very short walk away with restaurants and fishing charters. If you're looking for a fancy place to stay, this is not it. But, if you're looking for great customer service, convenience to the airport and local attractions, it's perfect!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great place for a nice weekend at the beach with your dog or dogs. It is located on a huge off leash dog beach. The hotel is a bit used. Rooms are sparse. But it is cued into having your dogs with you.
Private gate to the beach, fenced run outside of rooms. A complete dog wash station, with soap, towels etc to clean all the sand off the dogs... a huge plus. Restaurants close by that are all dog friendly.
Great for the price!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small and on a corner of busy street. Everything is a walkable distance and safe.
I was surprised at how clean it was.
It's also updated! It seems like they remodeled everything. They are pet friendly only $20 bucks extra a night.
Will be staying here from now on.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

room was nice and clean, but the fan in the bathroom wasn't working ! So the room stayed stuffy, so we had to keep the fan on the AC unit =/ but the location was great, we walked everywhere ,markets, restaurants, harbor where the fishing boats go out! The front desk staff was super nice and helpful .We would probably go back again, but would make sure we got a room with a working fan ! That was the only thing that was not good about this place :-)

• Stayed November 2014
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I have been in San Diego for a week now working and looking for an apartment. I have tried a few different hotels and Point Loma Inn and Suites has been the best by far. So much so, that I am here for the 3rd time.

Need a room with a kitchen? They have them. I stayed in one my first night and it was so nice to be able to make a little dinner and feel more at home after traveling from Chicago for a few days. I also stayed in a regular room and was just as pleased. Everything is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. You get a coffee maker, microwave and a fridge. I use a hotspot so I can't review the wifi, but they do have it.

The best part is the friendly staff (a shout out to Rose). When I arrived in San Diego it was early afternoon and they let me check in early in the day because my room was ready. Isn't that the way it should be? Plus you can leave your deposit in cash so you don't have to wait for your bank to return it. Very thoughtful.

If my apartment search keeps going the way it has, I will be back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

This motel has a great at price especially for the area. There is everything you need in the vicinity. Plus, everyone is very nice. There was a blackout one night; which sucked because I was not tired amd had to before myself to go to sleep amd I didn't have a do not disturb sign so the next morning the maid was pounding on my door to ask if I wanted service and I had just gotten to sleep after the sudden shock of light when the electricity came back on. Other than that it was great.

• Stayed October 2014
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Point Loma Inn & Suites and I have to say that this is an outstanding to place to stay. I got to know one of the mgrs. on site her name is Rose. She was one of the persons that I saw in the morning and had the biggest SMILES ever. She always took good care of use, made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you Rose and your staff for all that you do for your guess...
Mercedes Ross

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Point Loma Inn? Share your experiences!