“A week stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Indio, California, United States
“A week stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed Sunday thru Friday. As a single woman staying alone I did not feel unsafe. It was very quite and it appeared that there were several "construction" crews staying there. Do not let the area or dumpster divers deter you. I was pleasantly surprised that the mattress was comfortable. Very happy there was a fridge in my room. You get what you pay for.....but the linens are clean but the carpets need replacing. I would stay again, Several restaurants in area to eat at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
gniseaworld, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I will speak with our housekeeping department about your experience and we hope you return very soon and we will improve on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Thai first
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My stay at the Good Nite Inn was comforting! I was here to see my grandson graduate from the Marine Corp. bootcamp! The stay in the hotel was pleasant, quiet and nondisturbing from other roomers! The desk clerk was very helpful with all my concerns and questions. He even helped with finding me the right map to get to Coronado Island. Very prompt service! Was checked in and out very quickly! Would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome.
Costa Mesa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I "booked" this hotel through Hotwire.com - they offered a hotel worth $99 for only $47 in Mission Beach Area, San Diego. It seemed to be a great deal until I got there. This hotel is right across a Gentlemen's Club or similar and the area didnt really feel safe. The receptionist that checked me in was very friendly ( it was already passed midnite ). However, I had to sign and initial several papers before I finally got my key and honestly at this time I was not willing to read all the fine prints. She promised to give me her best room in the hotel and Oh Boy, I dont want to know how the other rooms look like. The room was on the 3rd floor right next to an industrial air conditioner that cools a warehouse - here went a quite nite. I opened the door to an hotel room thats floor was full of stains and super filthy. The beds looked nicely made but after my first impression with the carpet, I wasnt up to another challenge...At least they let me park my car protected infront of the office and the check out in the morning was a smooth ride.

Room Tip: Spend some extra money ( about $80 to $95 ) and try to get a 4 star hotel in downtown San Diego - th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing to our attention about your stay. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Came back to SD after moving out of state. Stayed at good nite inn til my apt was ready (a week late). Check in was seamless, front desk was helpful since I didn't know that area of SD they told me about grocery stores and stuff all in walking distance. The room was clean but kinda old. Overall it was waaaay better than I expected for the price. My kids liked being close to the beach and Belmont park.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words. We know you have many other options and we are happy you picked us. Happy Holidays!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My boyfriend was in town and allergic to my roommates cats so we had to get a room. Booked at good nite inn because it was cheap and close to seaworld. After a long day and a sunburn and getting lost in search of our car at seaworld it was nice to just be able to check in without any hassle. The front desk staff was really helpful and friendly. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Rooms were clean and seemed quiet, nothing woke me up. We'll be going back next time we need a room.

• Stayed November 2012
Steven W, General Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent comments regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as you, feel welcome.

Your continued loyalty is very important to us
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to hang your hat after a long day, this is it. You know it's not going to be a resort experience when you book the room, but it is in a great location if you're wanting to visit Sea World or, in my case, go deep sea fishing. The area is not so hot, but I've stayed here twice now and have had zero problems. The front desk staff was able to check us in early (we arrived at noon and check in is normally 4pm). The rooms have refrigerators which is nice. I checked into the Hampton Inn next door, and they don't have refrigerators and are much higher in price. There were no rowdy people and I didn't hear much noise from adjoining rooms. Overall, it's a good value for the money. No complaints here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Your continued loyalty is very important to us
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel staff. They were very professional, friendly and knowledgable and go out of their way to help you if they can. This hotel location was awesome it was very quiet, has plenty parking plus extra parking in underground garage, right across a Denney's to get your day started (great service there too), restaurants and fast food, retail stores and freeways. Only problems I had with this hotel is there is no pool, not many TV channels and the walls are thin and you hear coming and going from the other rooms guests. I would certain use this hotel again the price is really good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Steven W, Manager at Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld, responded to this review, July 12, 2014

We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Been to Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!