“Awful Experience!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Good Nite Inn Mission Valley

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Good Nite Inn Mission Valley
You added Good Nite Inn Mission Valley to your Saves list
4545 Waring Road, San Diego, CA 92120   |
Ranked #233 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
CA
“Awful Experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

All I can say is... you get what you pay for! You want cheap, you got it here. We stayed at Good Nite Inn for 3 nights during a blazing heat wave. The room we were in the a/c barely worked and the condenser had leaked all over the carpet and was soaked. The room smelled like mildew. We complained at the front desk, the person there was no help, would not give us the manager's name and said he/she would not be back till Monday, the day we were checking out! Unbelievable! And could not move us because they were sold out. The next afternoon we complained again to a new front desk person, at least she made the effort and moved us to another room with working a/c. No one had put in our previous complaint about the first room!. She sent a repair person to fix the a/c and clean up all the water on the carpet.

I would not stay at Good Nite Inn again even if I had to sleep in my car. It smells awful, the carpet was dirty, looked like it was never cleaned. Next time I go to San Diego I will pay more for a nice hotel/motel room.

Stayed July 2006
Good Nite Inn San Diego, general manager at Good Nite Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, August 29, 2006
Thank you for bringing to our attention regarding the condition of the room you were originally assigned to. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality at any of our 13 properties, including 2 other properties in San Diego that were renovated this year. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

Call before you book. Only rooms with King beds have refrigerators. We asked for one in our standard room and they brought us one that did not work. Front desk people were surly (night and day). Bathroom was not very clean. The price and location were great for our event at SDSU.

Good Nite Inn San Diego, Manager at Good Nite Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 26, 2006
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I value your comments. I want to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding room amenities. We do offer refridgerators but only in our Deluxe King and Two Queen rooms. None of our single Queens come standard with a refridgerator. I apologize for the confusion and will look into the different internet sites to ensure that we are not advertising otherwise.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

I would never reccomend this hotel, as soon as we walked in there was a misty smell we were in room 311 lower level in the back of the hotel. The Ice Machine did not work so we had to go to the other end of the hotel to get some Ice. The Beds were extremmly soft both husband and I could not sleep all night. The first night our phone rand all night long for no reason evertime we would pick it up there was no one there. They had 2 fitted sheets on the bed, so I ended up sleeping on plastic. The cleaning staff could not answer any questions I had because no one spoke any english. The only great thing I can say about this place was when I opened my drapes I saw beutifull flowers. Also Mission Beach and the San Diego Zoo are not far from this hotel (which is were we went). There is a better hotel right next door called the Best Western stay there instead I know I will be next time I am in San Diego.

• Stayed June 2006
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I wished you had informed us of the problem while at the hotel. We gladly would have made the repairs or moved you and your family to more acceptable room. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected. We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. I thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

one of the best affordable hotels ive stayed in. cant wait to stay there again this year. the service was great and friendly. best night sleep i had on my road trip.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

I have stayed in some cheap and dirty places in my time, but even in third world countries I have not seen something so disgusting. Upon entering the room, we were greeted with a musty rotten animal smell. There were dirty smudges all over the walls and fixtures. The floor hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The large white crusty stains on the floor under the TV was nauseating to look at. We never took our shoes off the entire visit. The TV had some sticky substance running down the front of it, so we had to use tissue to use the controls (there was no remote control). The bathroom was filthy. The tub had black grime in it and the toilet had dried blood on it. The bed had no fitted sheet, only two flat sheets, leaving the mattress exposed. Black hair was coming out from between the mattresses. We went to the front desk to complain. The girl was very friendly, but was unable to get us another room since they were all booked due to it being the SDSU graduation weekend. She offered to have it cleaned the next day when the cleaning staff was in, but this would not be soon enough. We ended up paying for the night and staying with friends in La Jolla.
Perhaps other rooms are better, but this was terrible.

Stayed May 2006
Let me start off by apologizing for the circumstances you described in your comment. The circumstances you relayed are unacceptable and definitely not up to Good Nite Inn standards. I am very sorry for any inconvenience I only wish you had brought these matters to my attention during your stay so I could have corrected them right away. I have shared your comments with housekeeping and some additional training is being set up to make sure we keep up with all of our guests standards. I want to thank you for expressing your concerns. We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. I thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

Orange County, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2006

We're usually not too picky if we just need a place to sleep - as long as it's clean and fairly comfortable. So, we weren't expecting the best night of our life - but we were appauled at the room condition. To start, the floor had not been vacuumed and had enough debris on it that we had to keep our shoes on. The bedding looked clean but the plastic covered mattresses didn't even have fitted sheets on them - they instead had flat sheets layed over them that weren't even large enough to tuck under. We ended up having a sleepless night because the sheet kept shifting around and we were laying directly on plastic. The bathroom was disgusting!!! The door and walls had something gross splashed all over them, the light switch and doorknob were gross and the worst part of all - the toilet seat had urine on it! When we talked to the lobby about it - they acted as if they didn't care - that it was no big deal - & told us the room had been cleaned. We didn't cause a fuss since as we were very tired, but we will definitely NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! Honestly, a cheaper motel may be a better option!

• Stayed May 2006
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Good Nite Inn San Diego. I value your comments. First, let me start off by apologizing for the poor condition of your room that your relayed in your comment. This is unacceptable, and definitely not up to Good Nite Inn standards. I was shocked to read how terribly you described the room. I have met with my entire staff and shared your comments with them. I work hard to train my staff on fulfilling their job responsibilities. It is evident that some additional training is required. There is absolutely no excuse for the room to be in the condition you had experienced. I only wish you would have brought it to my attention at the time of your stay so I could have remedied the situation then. To prevent this from happening again, I am doing some additional training at the property level. I am also enrolling my maintenance staff in an upcoming workshop to see to it that they properly maintain the property as well as the guest rooms. Again I would like to apologize for the poor condition of the room. I would also like to thank you for bringing this matter to my attention so I can properly get it taken care of.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

I recently stayed the night at this Good Nite Inn while on family "road trip" vacation! After a long drive and a long day at Sea World with my wife and 8 month year old boy it was nice and honestly pretty unexpected for the price I paid to come to an extremely spacious room that was right off the freeway but still very humble and tranquil. The staff was very courtious and the room was really clean like I already stated there was plenty off room to throw evrything down and still have room to relax. I would definetly recomend this place to a friend and would most certainly speend the night again. Now as we all know nothing in this world is perfect and my only suggestion to this establishment is to get better wireless connection for all those who travel with their lap tops. I hope this was helpful in making your decision.

Been to Good Nite Inn Mission Valley? Share your experiences!