“It should be rated at the bottom.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Good Nite Inn Mission Valley

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Good Nite Inn Mission Valley
You added Good Nite Inn Mission Valley to your Saves list
4545 Waring Road, San Diego, CA 92120   |
Ranked #231 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Palm Springs, California
“It should be rated at the bottom.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

This place is ranked 222 out of 269 hotels in San Diego??? I'm shocked. It should be 269 out of 269. This place is truly awful. For starters, it was next to a strip club, this was a while ago, so the location of the strip club might be different. The carpet in the hallway was soaking wet. My wife and I didn't feel safe at all.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room here!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Richmond, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This place worked good for us, but has no extras, only a few tv channels, ok bed, ok everything, but u can sleep quietly, and feel safe. No weird stragglers or anything. It was right by some adult bookstores and strip clubs but that didnt affect our stay. Over all good.

• Stayed September 2013
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

We stayed here a couple of years ago and it was very scary. We chose the place because of the cheap rates, but you get what you pay for. There was so much mold on the shower/tub that my wife wouldn't use it. And the hotel is basically right around the corner from some pretty unseemly establishments (adult club). We didn't spend a lot, but it wasn't a nite to remember.

• Stayed May 2004, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Good Nite Inn San Diego, general manager at Good Nite Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, September 7, 2006
Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately at this property we do not have any adult clubs close by (the closest is 8 miles away), so we believe this comment does not belong to this property. I sincerely hope you give us another chance. Thank you
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

All I can say is... you get what you pay for! You want cheap, you got it here. We stayed at Good Nite Inn for 3 nights during a blazing heat wave. The room we were in the a/c barely worked and the condenser had leaked all over the carpet and was soaked. The room smelled like mildew. We complained at the front desk, the person there was no help, would not give us the manager's name and said he/she would not be back till Monday, the day we were checking out! Unbelievable! And could not move us because they were sold out. The next afternoon we complained again to a new front desk person, at least she made the effort and moved us to another room with working a/c. No one had put in our previous complaint about the first room!. She sent a repair person to fix the a/c and clean up all the water on the carpet.

I would not stay at Good Nite Inn again even if I had to sleep in my car. It smells awful, the carpet was dirty, looked like it was never cleaned. Next time I go to San Diego I will pay more for a nice hotel/motel room.

Stayed July 2006
Good Nite Inn San Diego, general manager at Good Nite Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, August 29, 2006
Thank you for bringing to our attention regarding the condition of the room you were originally assigned to. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality at any of our 13 properties, including 2 other properties in San Diego that were renovated this year. Your continued loyalty is very important to us.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2006

Call before you book. Only rooms with King beds have refrigerators. We asked for one in our standard room and they brought us one that did not work. Front desk people were surly (night and day). Bathroom was not very clean. The price and location were great for our event at SDSU.

Good Nite Inn San Diego, Manager at Good Nite Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 26, 2006
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I value your comments. I want to apologize for the misunderstanding regarding room amenities. We do offer refridgerators but only in our Deluxe King and Two Queen rooms. None of our single Queens come standard with a refridgerator. I apologize for the confusion and will look into the different internet sites to ensure that we are not advertising otherwise.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2006

I would never reccomend this hotel, as soon as we walked in there was a misty smell we were in room 311 lower level in the back of the hotel. The Ice Machine did not work so we had to go to the other end of the hotel to get some Ice. The Beds were extremmly soft both husband and I could not sleep all night. The first night our phone rand all night long for no reason evertime we would pick it up there was no one there. They had 2 fitted sheets on the bed, so I ended up sleeping on plastic. The cleaning staff could not answer any questions I had because no one spoke any english. The only great thing I can say about this place was when I opened my drapes I saw beutifull flowers. Also Mission Beach and the San Diego Zoo are not far from this hotel (which is were we went). There is a better hotel right next door called the Best Western stay there instead I know I will be next time I am in San Diego.

• Stayed June 2006
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I wished you had informed us of the problem while at the hotel. We gladly would have made the repairs or moved you and your family to more acceptable room. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and assure you that these problems have been corrected. We credit our success in the Lodging industry to providing good service and accommodations at affordable prices. I thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our high standards.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

one of the best affordable hotels ive stayed in. cant wait to stay there again this year. the service was great and friendly. best night sleep i had on my road trip.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Good Nite Inn Mission Valley? Share your experiences!