“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3888 Greenwood Street, San Diego, CA 92110   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #45 of 271 Hotels in San Diego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Noblesville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I travel extensively, and use Hilton for many stays. I have stay at this Hampton Inn in the past. It is very convenient to the San Diego Airport. The staff has always been outstanding! When I needed to make a change on an existing reservation while staying there, it was no problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Venice beach CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed at several of the Hilton properties in the area, and I am giving this location an excellent rating because of the affordable price, superior customer service and extra perks upon check in.

Highlights on customer service:
- The director of guest services, Cynthia, surprised me with a free complimentary room upgrade of my choice upon check in
- Complimentary parking
- Remembered my choice of a beverage and a snack (as well as an extra water!)

Room Highlights:
- large balconies overlooking the pool
- mini bar area with fridge, microwave and sink

In general:
- good location at a significantly lower price than other hotels in the area, but without lacking quality
- Bonus HHonors points (2Xs available online)

Hopefully you enjoy your stay as much as I did!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony (2 queens or 2 kings)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Santa Ana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently stayed here with my children. My children loved the hotel so much they kept telling me they wanted to go back to their new home. lol..The rooms were nice and clean. The beds very comfortable. and the breakfast was exceptional. I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. I have stayed in many hotels but this hotel treated us like family. The staff in particular Cynthia (front desk) was very friendly and was so helpful. Thank you so much for making us feel at home away from home.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Today was a day from Hell!!
I got to the hotel early,1:00 pm
I think the young lady at the front desk could tell,she went way above and beyond her trask!!
Got a room,told THANK YOU SO MUCH for being a Silver.........A Silver,i was a Diamond for 10 years and never once was I ever Thanked Like That,Guess I will be leaving Priority Club

I walked away with a very large smile!!! GREAT JOB Ms.Ashlee Quintal!! and you have brought back a happy customer!!!

Happy Birthday to you for next week!!

Kindest Regards
Matt Standiford

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richland, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the beds were okay, not the most comfortable, but not too bad. We chose this hotel because it was close to Seaworld and it was very easy to get over to the park from the hotel with our car. The breakfast was pretty good...a nice variety. The only "problem" we had was that it was pretty noisy in our room. You could hear people outside the room talking, door slamming, and somebody (not sure if it was in the hotel or if it was people at the neighboring hotel) was playing very loud music all night. I would probably not stay here again due to the noise level.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this hotel completely last-minute. It was very reasonably priced for the time of year, and the room was fantastic! The beds were very cozy and comfortable! It helped me rest after a long day of travel and sight seeing!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area? Share your experiences!