After reading the reviews, we decided to book our stay based on customer service and the hotel's central location to the sights we wanted to see: Old Town, SeaWorld, the Zoo, Coronado, Mission Beach and La Jolla. We also wanted to stick with a brand that we were confident with and could rely on in a city we had not visited before.
We weren't disappointed. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff from the minute we walked in and during our entire stay. Being upgraded to a room with a fridge and microwave was awesome and started our stay on a great note! The directions and suggestions we got for the various places were very helpful and we were definitely made to feel cared for by all staff. Thank you all so much.
The lobby and eating areas were spacious, the largest I have seen in a Hampton, and would be helpful for visiting with friends if travelling as a group. We echo the positive comments regarding the breakfasts, coffee, friendly service and rooms. We had a room facing the courtyard and would recommend it. With four of us in the room, the room still was spacious and we didn't feel like sardines in a can.
As others have noted, the hotel is in an industrial area; but about two blocks away, we found various restaurants and shopping. We used the spacious eating areas in the hotel for our takeout meals (from the nearby restaurants) on the days when we didn't feel like sitting down in a restaurant. Even though we had a car, we walked to the 7Eleven every day, but it may not be in everyone's comfort zone. Having a car negates it.
Being so central to the sights was nice because it allowed us to pop by the hotel to change and refresh ourselves between the various excursions. So on balance, I rated the location very good for us.
We would stay here again if we visited San Diego again, which we expect to do again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Diego Airport / Seaworld Hotel San Diego
- Hampton Inn San Diego Airport / Seaworld Hotel
- Hampton Inn San Diego
- San Diego Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport hotel is conveniently located near Old Town and Sports Arena Blvd. We are within walking distance of Old Town and San Diego Trolley Station. We are minutes from the airport, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, beaches and downtown. We are also near to Point Loma Nazarene University, USD, SDSU, UCSD. Enjoy our Free breakfast each morning and free wired and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.