“Not your typical Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #38 of 270 hotels in San Diego
California
“Not your typical Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is really big and not your typical Hampton Inn. The location is convenient and safe although the area does have a strip club nearby and the area is tired, it is safe. Staff was great and room was a little dated but comfortable. Problem with our room was hair dryer was weak, iron stained my clothes, and constant drip in the shower. Complained about seeing if they would take off a little for the dry cleaning and they cleared the entire night stay, no problem. It's not what we asked but it sure was a very pleasant surprise. My only complaint was how small the fitness room was, about 8' by 12', maximum capacity is about 4 people.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

807 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Angmering, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Convenient location right on I8, stayed here when Delta flight delay changed my plans, booked late and arrived after midnight. Front desk very helpful but the rest was poor. Room was tired and there was no power to the table sockets or table lamp. Car alarms going off in the night nearby did not help with any sleep. Departed at 6 am just as breakfast was opening, asked for a bag to throw in some takeaway and told to ask front desk. Received a sack with a bottle of water, an apple and a muffin, not what I would have chosen if I could have helped myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Victor R, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience, including areas of noise and dining. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. ~ Victor Ravago, General Manager
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Dont judge a book by its cover, or in this case the hotel by its outside or area.
When i entered the lobby, the frst thought was , WOW, nicest Hampton inn lobby and breakfast area Ive ever encountered.
The front desk staff at check in were some of the friendliest and courteous Ive met.
Great experience, will stay here and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Request the rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn San Diego Airport/ Seaworld. The servcie is always outstanding ,the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The Staff is absolutely wonderful they make feel at home away from home. Guest Service Agent, Maxine Rivera was very helpful when I first checked in, She helped me fix a problem I had with my reservation. It is this kind of service that keeps me coming back. For me this is the ideal location since it is less than a mile from my job. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed 7 nights at the hotel. I booked the room on the Hilton website. At check out I was overcharged by $100. The staff person who I attempted to ask to fix the error was rude. She was not wearing a name tag but said she was the manager, and that her name was Megan.The housekeeping staff are really friendly and I had a nice room. It's not really a quiet place, 3-4 rooms down from me I heard someone vomiting most of the night. The location is mixed ... right off the freeway, next door to "the largest strip club in the US", close to old town but not really a safe walk.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Victor R, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues you experienced as well as the level of service you received while resolving the issue. This is not typical at our hotel and I will be sure to address both issues with the appropriate teams. Thank you again and I hope you will consider our hotel in the future. ~ Victor Ravago, GM
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 4 & 5 year old daughters. Our 2 queen room was big enough for us to spread out and have room for the kids to move around. Breakfast was always stocked and they had coffee all day. Front desk & all customer service was very helpful and pleasant. Pool was nice and warm even though it was a cool day. We liked that the room had a big balcony with two chairs that overlooked the pool area. Overall it was pretty quiet and we couldn't hear much noise from other rooms, but we were also there in the end of Oct, not the height of summer. It has several restaurants and stores very close by. A couple of the negatives we had were that the sink is really tall and hard for our daughters to reach, so we had to help them wash their hands every time, but I think this is standard for most Hamptons. Also, the sink area is not in with the tub and toilet, so it has no door and the wall between the beds and the sink is not a full wall, it had about a foot gap at the top, which makes the noises (sink, trying to dry hair, etc) louder to the bed area, but it wasn't really a problem for us and our needs. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Real enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn San Diego Airport/ Seaworld. Their servcie was outstanding, and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. The manager, Ms. Luisa Alvarado was very helpful when I first checked in, and asisted me by fixing a problem I had with my reservation. Thank you for the wonderful service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area? Share your experiences!