“Great Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Orange, California
“Great Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn San Diego Airport/ Seaworld. The servcie is always outstanding ,the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The Staff is absolutely wonderful they make feel at home away from home. Guest Service Agent, Maxine Rivera was very helpful when I first checked in, She helped me fix a problem I had with my reservation. It is this kind of service that keeps me coming back. For me this is the ideal location since it is less than a mile from my job. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Arturo N

Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed 7 nights at the hotel. I booked the room on the Hilton website. At check out I was overcharged by $100. The staff person who I attempted to ask to fix the error was rude. She was not wearing a name tag but said she was the manager, and that her name was Megan.The housekeeping staff are really friendly and I had a nice room. It's not really a quiet place, 3-4 rooms down from me I heard someone vomiting most of the night. The location is mixed ... right off the freeway, next door to "the largest strip club in the US", close to old town but not really a safe walk.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Victor R, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego-Sea World/Airport Area, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the billing issues you experienced as well as the level of service you received while resolving the issue. This is not typical at our hotel and I will be sure to address both issues with the appropriate teams. Thank you again and I hope you will consider our hotel in the future. ~ Victor Ravago, GM
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 4 & 5 year old daughters. Our 2 queen room was big enough for us to spread out and have room for the kids to move around. Breakfast was always stocked and they had coffee all day. Front desk & all customer service was very helpful and pleasant. Pool was nice and warm even though it was a cool day. We liked that the room had a big balcony with two chairs that overlooked the pool area. Overall it was pretty quiet and we couldn't hear much noise from other rooms, but we were also there in the end of Oct, not the height of summer. It has several restaurants and stores very close by. A couple of the negatives we had were that the sink is really tall and hard for our daughters to reach, so we had to help them wash their hands every time, but I think this is standard for most Hamptons. Also, the sink area is not in with the tub and toilet, so it has no door and the wall between the beds and the sink is not a full wall, it had about a foot gap at the top, which makes the noises (sink, trying to dry hair, etc) louder to the bed area, but it wasn't really a problem for us and our needs. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
6 Thank pescas
Bowie, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Real enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn San Diego Airport/ Seaworld. Their servcie was outstanding, and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. The manager, Ms. Luisa Alvarado was very helpful when I first checked in, and asisted me by fixing a problem I had with my reservation. Thank you for the wonderful service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David S
Albany, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Clean comfortable rooms and helpful, friendly staff. Centrally located near SeaWorld and Old Town and minutes from Downtown. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego. Maxin goes out of her way to make everyone feel like a special guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kevin A
LI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dont let the neighborhood deter you; everything about the hotel is first class. The staff is among the best of any hotel we have stayed in, at any price point. The rooms are very spacious, very clean, and even have a small kitchen area. The baths are extra large as well. We walked to Old Towne with no problem, though you do have to cross a large street. The van to the airport was fine, though would have preferred a more flexible schedule than hourly.

Room Tip: The hotel is large with wings, so be specific if you need to have easy access. We found the rooms ve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank daylilly50
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Member and I feel this hotel was not up to the standards set by other Hampton Inns. The hotel itself is in a sketchy neighborhood. I understand the cannot control the fact that there is construction, a sketchy alley behind the hotel, and a strip club within walking distance- not the hotel's fault. However, the broken tiles in the elevator, the ripped curtains in our room, and the shower head that was not working well are all things that can be fixed internally.

We had a room with 2 queen beds- one of them squeaked terribly! There was a past guest's floss left on the floor of our bathroom. Our sink did not drain well.

Pros: Cost- this hotel was cheaper then other hotels we'd looked at. I'm typically brand loyal to the Hilton brand and its affiliates- so Hampton is a name I usually consider. Location- besides the sketchy neighborhood this hotel actually is in- about a mile walk will get you to Old Town Transit Center- which is a much better neighborhood and you can catch a bus or a trolley to many different places in San Diego. Breakfast- like all Hampton Inns this one had the hot breakfast available in the lobby each morning. We are early risers and got up around 6:15 each morning and enjoyed breakfast. As we left on the last day around 9 the breakfast area was super crowded so consider that if you are on a schedule.

The thing that disappointed me the most about this hotel was the lack of customer service we received. We needed extra towels- and the maid was obviously upset that she would need extra supplies. Also- when checking out- we were not asked how the stay was. I would have explained some of the issues but the woman who checked us out said "Ok thank you- you're all set" and immediately began helping another party. Disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends