This is a Polynesian style hotel, all the doors open to the outdoors. There are no long dark corridors here. You walk through tropical gardens and a big pool area to get to your room The highest you will be is on the 2nd floor. The suites are spacious and generously appointed, our suite even had a full kitchen in it. We had a completely separate living space from the bedroom and even had a large dressing area complete with makeup area. This is the advantage of staying at an older hotel, the rooms are reminiscent of what suites really used to look like. The disadvantage is that you are in an older hotel and the decor is dated. NOT the fixtures, the bathroom was updated and attractive, but the decor, furniture and such is not the most exciting to look at.
The staff was helpful and inviting. We couldn't get the a/c to work and a technician was at our doorstep within 5 minutes of our call. Of course there was nothing wrong with the unit, we just didn't understand how to get it to stay on. Our bed was comfortable and the 2 large flat screen tvs didn't hurt our stay either.
We came here for a concert and this worked out amazing for us. We were able to enjoy ourselves and not have to rush home after. We also were able to thoroughly enjoy drinking since we weren't driving anywhere. I did realize though that for the hotel guests that were not going to the concert, they would get to listen to the music whether they liked it or not. This may be too loud for guests wanting to get to bed early.
We however will be coming back to the Inn, we really enjoyed our stay and there's a lovely restaurant attached for your meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complemented by arching palms and gentle ponds are Humphreys’ beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Many of our accommodations offer patios or balconies with stunning views of San Diego Bay or the dramatic skyline. All the amenities that you would find at a luxury resort are offered at Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites. Thoughtful conveniences include 42” HD flat panel TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, iron and boards, pay-per-view movies, in-room safes and free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego