We chose Humphries after doing some research online about the property. It's in a great location - the staff is very friendly - and the room was clean. They upgraded us to a junior suite as we were there celebrating an anniversary. I would say the rooms could use a little updating, but I'm not really a hotel snob...as long as it's clean, I'm good. We were near where the concert venue is, and I would say it might not be the best place to stay if there was a show going on. I could see the noise being an issue if you're not there to actually SEE the show, but the pools overlooking the pool or marina would be awesome. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, and they came within 5 minutes to fix an issue with the room safe. Great location close to wherever you want to go. The only thing I didn't like was the $9.95 "passport fee" that is charged to your room daily. They call it a resort fee, and give a coupon book to "offset" some of the charges, but then require you to charge it to your room and you can't pay cash for the lunch or whatever you get the discount on. They also add in the gratuity, which we did not notice (didn't have my glasses on) so watch for that. Our "discounted" lunch ended up costing us $60.00 because we are good tippers. Our server made out huge on us. Stuff like that just irritates me. Just charge me a price for a room, and let that be the price. The extra BS taxes on the rooms I find annoying.
I would stay there again - but next time ask for a marina or pool/garden view. Live and learn, but all in all a good experience.
- Also Known As:
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites
- Humphreys Half Moon Hotel
- Hotel Humphreys Half Moon
- Half Moon San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon In San Diego
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn Suite
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suite San Diego
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complemented by arching palms and gentle ponds are Humphreys’ beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. Many of our accommodations offer patios or balconies with stunning views of San Diego Bay or the dramatic skyline. All the amenities that you would find at a luxury resort are offered at Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites. Thoughtful conveniences include 42” HD flat panel TVs, refrigerators, coffeemakers, hairdryers, iron and boards, pay-per-view movies, in-room safes and free high speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.