“Wonderful Night” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2303 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106   |
Ranked #87 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“Wonderful Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had a wonderful room with a view of the marina. Room was comfortable and slept like a baby.! Didn't want to leave the room so ordered room service. Great food and service! Front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. The night was relaxing, quiet, and I will definitely use this hotel again!!!! Felt like I was in Hawaii but was in San Diego!

Room Tip: A room with the marina view was a plus.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My son and I arrived during the quiet season - didnt get much sleep the first night. I could hear the people in the adjoining room (we shared a common wall). They werent hoopin it up, just could hear them talk, sing, sneeze, etc. The next morning when I called the front desk they were super accommodating and moved us to a nicer room overlooking the putting range - we were close to the 2 water fountains - it was truly lovely. I really cant complain, they took very good care of us. The housekeeping was phenomenal. Very thorough and gracious.
I would recommend this facility in a heartbeat - they could stand a little bit less dated decor, but nonetheless well worth the value.

Room Tip: Ask what the vacancy is so that you can be strategically placed for a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a fantastic marina view from my room…great room service and superb staff! The room was comfortable, well appointed and relaxing! Spent three days enjoying San Diego sunshine in a tropical paradise! I can't wait to return in January. Humphrey's is my new "go to" hotel for R & R.
Try it ~ you won't be sorry!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a marina view ~ it's well worth it! Patio, little out door tables…!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just got back from a weekend surprise party at Humphrey's that I planned for 30 people (at least 10 rooms were reserved) and had to review!

Reservations:
Quick, easy, super friendly (even when I had to modify my reservation)

Front Desk:
Everyone was friendly AND fun! The bell boy had TONS of stuff to unload from our car and distribute to multiple rooms... he did not get anything wrong or mixed up... and smiled the whole time we girls were trying to explain what we wanted.
The front desk even fulfilled my request to call me when the birthday boy got his room key, so we could gather up and hide for his surprise when he entered the room!

Rooms:
I had a ginormous suite with a dining area and full kitchen. We had 20 people in there pre-partying before the bday boy showed up... surprised the heck out of him. We had a beautiful view of the marina... lovely to wake up to blue skies, boats and the water!

We did not have any of the noise issues others have noted, BUT then again... if you choose to stay on a concert night... how can you possibly expect it to be quiet?

Backstage Lounge:
The waitstaff were friendly, accomodating and very patient with some of the more "drunker" people in my group. (One time, I received an incorrect drink... the bartender fixed it for me no questions asked and super fast!) The band was awesome... we danced the night away.

Room Service:
I did not have room service but others in my party did and enjoyed their meal.
The room service waiter, even got punk'd by some of my not so sober jokesters and upon realization that he was punk'd ... laughed at the whole thing.

This is not the first time I have stayed at "The Hump" as we locals call it ... certainly not the last.

ps... walk across the street to the big parking lot and look at the view of the San Diego skyline... whether by day or by night... it was pretty spectacular.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina view and enjoy the view of all the boats in their slips. If you want to be far awa...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

After spending a fun night parting in the backstage lounge I came back to my room and was instantly gobbled up by fluffy pillows and an awesomely comfy bed. It was hard to get out the next morning. It is yet another reason to go to Humphrey's. Thank you.

Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We will NEVER stay at this hotel again. We go down to San Diego several times a year. We usually stay on Shelter Island at the Best Western and have wonderful time and we will go back there. Since we were going to a concert we thought to enjoy the Humphreys Half Moon Inn. We were helped by an AMAZING lady Gen at front desk, After that it was down hill. If you have mobility issues you are given the WORST room on the property. Right next to the concert venue. I would not have an issue of the concert venue but, be prepared to stay awake until the early morning hours from the noise of the concert crew dismantling and loading gear into trucks. Also, your view is nothing like the pictures. You get a view of the parking lot. There was a concert that had first come seating. We had concert goers leaning on our car, lots of people hanging out right in front of the patio. When I complained about the noise, the manager argued that she did not hear noise. Umm, I was there and I was the one trying to sleep. In fact every issue from the manager was met with a ho-hum attitude. The staff was more concerned about our stay, room service (over one hour and delivered cold). We waited hours to check in. The pool bar (the only bar) was closed "for the season" We were there Oct 30 and 31 Almost $400. for two nights with taxes and "spa fees" is outrageous.

Room Tip: Room 116 is TERRIBLE. Your view is the parking lot. Literally, your patio is about 18 inches from...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My colleague and I stayed here while attending conference at the San Diego convention center. Our room was on the first floor facing the pool. The lobby, pool, hot tub, restaurant, bar and gardens were very clean and well kept. The tropical style feels like an escape somewhere special. Beautiful sunsets and views of bay. Works stay here again

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!