“We loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“We loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This was our 2nd stay on Shelter Island but 1st stay at Humphreys. We thought it was such a fun place to stay. It isn't a luxury hotel but a great family hotel with great service and clean rooms and beautiful grounds. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at the Humphrey's for two nights right after Memorial Day, and reviewed my stay right after that. The price at that time was less than $150.00 for a standard King room. When I went online to make reservations for next week-a Tue/Wed stay, Expedia quoted a whooping $279 per night for the same room, which I found outrageous. Mind you, the Hyatt and the Sheraton were on the $500 range. I went on the hotel website, and the price was $229. I booked it. This morning I called the hotel to request an early check-in and I asked if the had any reduced rates. SURPRISE! The very helpful, cheerful lady-Jazmine-told me I could get the "returning guest rate", $196.65.
So, my advice is, always call the hotel first (any hotel) and don't be afraid to ask for a lower rate.
I'm looking forward to next week's visit, now more than ever!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool are very noisy. Upstairs, facing the parking lot might not have a view but i...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mission Viejo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our family travels alot normally driving distance from our home. I can't believe I did not know about Humphreys before now. We booked 2 nights on Father's Day weekend & had a great time. Our room was newly renovated & well designed with the queen bed & T.V. at the entry & the sitting area with couch, desk, coffee table & TV near the deck. Our room overlooked the concert area. This was a total suprise since we did not know anything about this hotel hosting concerts. We were extremely pleased when we were able to enjoy 2 nights of concerts right outside our door. The staff was so great. I mentioned it was our anniversary when I made the reservations. Dawn, the Manager set our room up with champage & was very accomodating & friendly. The restaurant serves Sunday Brunch that happened to be booked since it was Father's Day, Dawn was able to get us a reservation at a perfect time. I have already booked 3 other visits to the hotel. Also want to give a great review to the rest of the staff. I lost my cell phone at the pool on Saturday. I alerted the front desk. Genevive was able to contact the pool staff who was able to find it from the day before. I was very impressed with everything with this hotel. Great location on the marina within walking distance to many restaurants too. We will see you again in a few weeks. Thank you so much! Teri

Room Tip: Delux Suite was great!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Loved this little place. Have been numerous times during the concerts and decided to stay one night recently. With a concert ticket around $100 and the junior suite for just over $200, it only made financial sense to check it out for two of us. We didn't really want to "see" the concert so much as "hear" it. So we picked the lineup, grabbed some veggie munchies from a local restaurant, and sat around the pool and jacuzzi area during the concert. There is a small bar and they have snack service by the pool for guests. Wonderful!

Room: Nice room. Reminded us of a glorified Best Western or Quality Inn. Certainly not something we want to do more than once, but was fun for this particular occasion. Since the venue doesn't sell the rooms with balconies at the back of the concert area, it only makes sense to get a less expensive room if you're just staying for the concert.

Parking is a bit interesting during concert nights, but the hotel does a good job with reserved spaces and ensuring there is room for its guests. Bar is a bit overpriced. Go around the corner to the liquor store and make up your own bar in your room.

Great place to walk, bike, explore on foot. Wonderful rentals (bikes, jet skis, sail boats, motor boats, segways) are available so you can go out and enjoy the beautiful sun.

Room Tip: Overlook the garden or the concert venue for a bit quieter stay. Looking across the parking lot at t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was pleased with Humphreys. Upon checking in we were greeted by Dawn at the check in desk. She made us feel like valued guests and was very helpful with suggestions and directions for the area. The pool area was very nice and felt relaxing which is a plus for a hotel. Our room was one of the renovated rooms and was nicely appointed and comfortable.The Sunday Brunch is very good (a little pricey) but quite tasty. We go to San Diego frequently to visit friends and family and this was our first time at Humphreys, we usually stay downtown at the Winchester Grand Hyatt. On this trip we decided that we wanted to be in the Point Loma area so we decided on Humphreys and I'm glad we did.We will definitely consider Humphreys on our next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I went to the Half Moon a few years ago, but feel its well worth a mention. The location is perfect. To one side of the Hotel the scenery is all the boats moored and the pool and the area where the stage is errected for concerts. Outside the front, you can just cross the road and its the boat yard. A straight walk down the street brings you to a lovely sandy beach. The best thing of all, is when you need a few quiet moments to youself in the evenings you can sit outside whichever place you choose and watch the sun go down in the warm summer evenings or watch the sun come up in the morning, heavenly. I have been to many lovely places but I have to say that is my ultimate favourite. The staff were lovely and the food was really nice. The rooms were clean and bright. The whole experience was magical. Would return at a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We loved Humphreys and will recommend it to friends. Comfortable suite with nice view of concerts too, bonus! The parrots outside of room were fun too. Our girls liked the pool. We had space to stretch out and liked the decor. Parking attendants were kind and helpful on a busy concert night. Housecleaning staff were superb.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!