We had booked at another hotel and checked out right away after we saw how bad the rooms were... We then called the company we booked at and they sent us to another hotel. Again this was more a motel than hotel, so we checked out right away. We asked the front desk Manager a good place to stay in the area for a family. He told us that Paradise Point Resort was a great place to visit. Since he was a local and we had walked out of 2 other hotels we had nothing to loose after a 8 hour drive. We called the Paradise Point from our car, they were very nice and helpful and made the reservation quickly. We arrived about 10 min later and was blown away from the surroundings. We felt as if we were driving into Kauai. We saw families riding bikes, playing mini golf, swimming etc.. we knew right away this was a great family place. The lobby was beautiful and the front desk service was very friendly. We told her about our experience at the other places and she told us she would place us in a great location on the property. Our room was more like a bungalow. It was very large for a family of 4 and we really loved that we were only a few feet from the beach. We called to the front desk to extend out stay to a full week from 4 days. They have 5 pools on site, so we rotated pools and the main pool has food and drinks. The service at the main pool was outstanding! The kids all at the pool got blow up animals to play with at the pool. They have a great little store on the grounds and they are close to Pacific Beach so you can also go out of the grounds to get food etc. They also have great room service. We ordered one night and got our food 30 min later. Then at night you go out to the beach and reserve a fire pit. It was a great experience to have your own private fire pit with your family making smores after a picnic on a private beach. This location is close to everything, very clean. We will be going back next year and making it an annual trip and plan to bring more people with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego