I recently returned from what was going to be a 4 night stay, after 2 nights. I spent more time in the lobby dealing with room problems than on my vacation. It's too bad. Five years ago I had a nice experience, but the hotel has become very run-down. My room was changed 4 times, each with problems. Each room had a musty odor, worn and dirty carpets, and cob-webs. The first one had only one bed even though I requested 2 (not going to work with 3 kids.) The next room had no windows and felt like a dungeon. One room had a water leak, which looks like it had been a problem for quite a while. Our last room had a bathroom light fixture explode, sending shattered pieces of light bulb everywhere, and had missing window coverings on the front door (which is a see-thru glass door that faces the street.) The grounds are nice, but right now some of the lagoons look more like swamps. The main pool is nice, with the other 4 being nothing to speak of. The prices are high, especially for the present condition, and everything is an extra expense -- self-parking, gym, bikes, mini-golf, etc. This hotel is in desperate need of some major TLC!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, AAA Travel Services, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego