This is a nice resort for relaxing. The "Westcoastfam2014" review as spot on in regards to the rooms being old and needs to be updated, but if you are simply looking for a place to go to relax and see the spend time on the water this is the place. I am not sure if I would bring my children to this location as there isn't a microwave in the rooms and the prices on the grounds for simple things you would need if your kids were with your were far too expensive. The bikes do cost considerably more than on Mission Beach but that is to be expected. We were there 5 days (over a weekend) and we eventually rented a car for the cost of a two day bike rental. The bell service staff even took us to the car rental place and waited until we got our car. We were also able to leave the car at the resort without having to turn it in at the original location--this was convenient. With the car we were able to drive to Mission Beach and the city of San Diego to purchase food etc for less.
It would be nice if there was a separate sleeping areas for families and couples. As most couples would like to be intimate without the noise of children playing or vice versa.
I was there for a conference and the amenities we far beyond my expectations for a business event so I can't/won't complain. The bell service staff were very helpful and always on time for our needs --I didn't need much though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego