Spent four days and three pleasant nights at Paradise Point with my family of four. Made our reservations online about one month in advance and had no problem with check-in or room availability. Our check-in assistant was cheerful, attentive and sincere. The room was bright and airy, and very clean - it would have been immaculate if the carpets were cleaned. No mildew, mold, or ants in sight. We slept well as the beds were firm, yet soft, included lightweight down comforters, and the rooms very quiet.If your idea of a vacation is spending time on an island with populated with single story bungalows nestled among a spectacular garden, pools, water features, the bay and birds, this is the resort hotel for you.If you plan to spend several days sightseeing in the San Diego region - this resort's central location is ideal. Sea World is next door, and it is only a short drive to the Zoo, La Jolla, Balboa Park, Point Loma, the Gaslamp District, Old Town, and Coronado Island.Check for the "package deal" rooms. Your deal may not be the same, but for an extra $20.00/day we received free parking ($16 value) and a $35 credit towards breakfast at the Barefoot Bar & Grill. If it is a sunny morning, the view from the Grill patio is priceless. The breakfasts here are similar in quality and price to Mimi's, and the kids meals are a good deal. If you skip the $3.50 orange juice or coffee drinks - breakfast for a family of 4 (2 pre-teens) can average around $35.00 - and the view of the bay is wonderful.If you are new to the area and need some restaurant suggestions, I'd suggest checking out the San Diego Union Tribune website at http://------------------------------------------------------Other reviewers may have been "bumped" from receiving their rooms as other guests don't leave when originally planned - but this IS a resort hotel you don't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point San Diego