“Could not have been better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Point Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Paradise Point Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20% Off
Ranked #109 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Elkton, Maryland
“Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had the most amazing experience at Paradise Point Resort & Spa! We stopped on our road trip up the coast for our honeymoon, expecting it to be out of our price range. When we told Patty at the front desk that it was our honeymoon, she worked her magic and got us a beachfront bungalow! The view was beautiful, and was far above our exceptions. Later, we accidentally broke a glass, and Matt came immediately to clean it up. When he heard it was our honeymoon, he sent us a bottle of wine! This resort made us feel so special, and was definitely the best way to begin our honeymoon. Thanks!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
First and foremost, congratulations on your recent marriage Erin! Thank you choosing to spend part of your honeymoon at Paradise Point, and then taking the time to share the details of your stay. We’re so glad to hear our friendly staff members were able to go above and beyond your expectations and make your stay special. We hope the rest of your road trip up the coast was as enjoyable as your time spent at our island resort. Please come stay with us again the next time you’re headed to San Diego or looking for somewhere to celebrate your anniversary.

2,367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is very nice and very comfortable. For those staying an extended period - there is no dresser to place clothes so you will be living out of your suitcase. We went for the Bay Fair Hydo Unlimited boat races on Mission Bay. Why did I have to pay a resort fee per day when I did not use the facilites? Arrive at 4:00 and charged for a day's use of the resort ($19.00/day). The next day, we were at the races all day - did not use any of the resorts amenities. This should be an option that is added to your room key if you decide to use the resort facilites.
You should also be aware that parking is $34.00/day so that really adds to your bill.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Well I'm not sure what all these rave reviews are about! This resort is most def not worth the money to stay here and I would most certainly not classify this place as a resort. Yes the tree's are nice and that's really about the only thing that gives it the Hawaiian or paradise feel and if that. I stayed in a standard room with my boyfriend last week. I thought by the looks of the entrance I was going to be ecstatic. To my surprise I was vastly disappointed. Let me go in order of what i saw starting with the bad things. 1st as you're driving up to the so called "bungalow" room you reserve the roads are tiny, full of pot holes, and dips. It had the trailer park feeling as we were driving. The "bungalows" actually to be described looked like park public bathroom buildings. I couldn't believe my eyes! Not impressive at all. Basically hollow blocks with paint over them. Just great. I tried not to be a Debbie downer about the whole thing until I realized how cold it was even with the a/c off all night. (I was literally freezing all night long). Then as we're walking up to our room we couldn't even find it because I was told that our parking spot would be directly in front of our room (bologna) It was off to the side somewhere. Then we walked in the room and I was instantaneously turned off. I'm a carpet person especially in hotels. Yes I understand it's probably safer to have hard floors but it makes the room very cold and unhome like. Not only was that a turn off the room was musty and nasty smelling. On top of that I'd have to say what totally broke the sense of us having a good experience at all was the fact that the bed was rock hard. Neither of us slept much not because we were up late because we both feel asleep right after 1 am but the bed was super hard and uncomfortable I couldn't stand it, All of the furniture was cheap and our bed linens eve had blood on them on the inside and the supposed down comforter that they are supposed to have was actually super thin and was upside down, the table which was next to the cheap hospital pull out couch bed was terribly stained and quite dirty (I felt like a housekeeper trying to clean the furniture). The room itself has yellow canary paint and was actually very plain no decor what's so ever. The bathroom looked old, plain and dirty, the shower curtain doesn't keep water in the bathtub and yes we both made sure it was properly placed inside the shower with no space to get out. Water ended up completely soaking the floor meaning it looked like the bathroom was flooded. They don't give you the cute little take home samples of shampoo, conditioner, or bath soap. Hot water in the sink took forever with noisy pipes. We had brought our swim suits with us in hopes of taking a swim after dark we were near the pool with the waterfall in hibiscus village. WRONG!! The pool had no lights and my bf didn't want to talk around the complex because all night he didn't think it was safe because there is no lighting on the roads and no walk ways to different areas. I didn't get off work until 7pm So by the time we checked in got to our room and put everything down it was dark. We were so unhappy with the room and all it's unglory we decided to take a dip in the pool to shake it off and relax. But we couldn't because there were no lights on the pools AT ALL at night. Ridiculous!!! You have 5 pools and you don't keep them lighted? So already frustrated we walked back to our room and just went to go get something to eat OFF PROPERTY because the prices were ridiculously high. Got back just watched tv and went to sleep. I have never experienced such a disappointment in resorts OR hotels. This is not a hotel or a resort this is a poor lit disgusting place in the back of nowhere. To top it off we wanted to go look around the next day on the other side in hopes maybe it was just us nope..They had every angle blocking off the ways to go around the waterfront rooms for some event. So I took it upon myself to get out of the car go out and look for myself. Truth you ask for? Nothing, special. They don't even have oversized chaise lounges for you to sit on. Hard wooden chairs which are not comfortable at all and our view from our room was a lagoon yes how about a dirty nasty smelly lagoon with yucky water no fish and bugs. Yes they have fire pits on the beach but this place is most def NOT considered 4 or 5 start property. More like 2 maybe 3 stars and only for the waterfront rooms that's about the only good thing about this place other then the fact they have water rentals and 5 pools but most of the pools like the one by our room is only 4 feet deep?!?!?! When you check in nobody tells you anything about the resort, I even told them this was my first time there. No words, but here's your passport to paradise with discounts nobody uses unless you have kids. Bottom line this place has park bathroom buildings as rooms, the insides are nothing but plain, service is not what hospitality should be, unlit pools and "resort" in general. I do not consider this to be a Resort this is not even half way there. They should bulldoze it down and start ALLLLLL over again. No more of the trailer park bathroom look.
P.s they also over charged me on the tax rate so they got an extra 7 dollars out of me claiming they don’t know what the tax charge is individually the system just does it and give them the number charged. B.S I know how tax rates go. I can do the calculation for you and I did but they refused to change it.

Room Tip: Do not go here!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We love Amanda the bartender at Baleen!!! She is amazing at her job! She helped us select the perfect after dinner port and helped us avoid what wasn't our taste! She rocks! We were also here for a wedding that was simply perfect!!! I completely enjoyed my suite as well!!! How delightful it was to step out onto the water with my coffee every morning!

• Stayed September 2013
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
DebAshC, thank you for the stellar review of our tropical island on TripAdvisor. It brings us great joy to hear your stay at Paradise Point was superb in all aspects. We’re happy our staff was able to provide the excellent service we are known for both during the wedding you attended and in our restaurants. We have passed your compliments on to Amanda, who is very appreciative of your kind comments. All of us at Paradise Point look forward to having you here for more relaxed mornings on the sands of Mission Bay soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came for the day to escape LA for a bit! We loved our server at Baleen... Her name was Amanda! She was so friendly and made us the best cocktails with extra blue cheese stuffed olives! We also loved the scallops. We will be back with friends for sure to try out the beachside bonfires! Thanks for the great service! :)

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was our 7th stay and it was wonderful as always. We had to stay at a downtown hotel one night before our days here and what a difference. A huge impersonal hotel where you walk for a mile from your car versus the convenience of Paradise Point was eye opening, made us appreciate Paradise Point all the more. We love the casual atmosphere, the rustic bungalows and being surrounded by nature. We ate at the Barefoot bar at least 4 times and the pool bar twice, the food is fantastic and so were the tropical drinks. We also got coffee and danish at the lobby bar and that was tasty and handy too. The servers were all great, thank you to all for a great time.We had a bayside bungalow room, well worth the extra expense, but garden rooms are private and quiet too. The resort is close to beaches and tourist spots, perfect for adults or familes and well worth the costs. And a special thanks to Margaret B and John K in reservations for adding on to our stay with no problems !

Room Tip: We love the bayside bungalows, west side is best view. We have also stayed in garden rooms a few tim...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ParadisePointGM, General Manager at Paradise Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Barb, thank you for the five-star review! We’re honored to have you as a loyal guest of Paradise Point and are very pleased to hear how much you’ve enjoyed our tropical retreat over time. Your kind comments on the resort and staff are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the entire team, including Margaret and John. We look forward to helping you continue your Paradise Point vacation tradition for many years to come.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We are here on business and have had little to no down time. Even then, paradise point makes you feel like you are on vacation. We have had great breakfasts at the Barefoot Bar & Grill and great service all around. We love our bartender Amanda!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Paradise Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!