“Paradies Found, but skip breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Point Resort & Spa

You added Paradise Point Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Paradise Point Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Offers & Announcements
Save Up to 20% Off
Ranked #120 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Paradies Found, but skip breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2004

This was a beautiful hotel in a resort setting. My family of five had a great time making friends with the ducks, walking along the beach and exploring the many trails throughout this tropical paradise. Although we didn't do Seaworld, there was plenty to do nearby. We went to the Zoo, Balboa Park, Legoland, La Jolla and other places of interest in San Diego. This hotel was close to all. The rooms were spacious, clean and the staff friendly; especially the reservation staff. The on-site restaurants were a fortune ($3.50 for a glass of juice!), so I would recommend eating out. There were plenty of places around for that, so it wasn't a problem. It just would have been a lot more convenient to eat at the hotel every day. All in all a great place to stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2004

Just got back from 8 nights in San Diego. The last 4 nights were at The Paradise Point Resort. We had a wonderful time. The room we had was very nice and clean. The service at this hotel was impeccable. Whenever we needed something(family travelling with 2 children) they treated us like we were the only guests and met our needs promptly. The restaurants were very good. Pools were great. The location was perfect for getting to area attractions. Overall this was by far one of our nicest trips. March 6 - 10, 2004.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2004

We stayed over the weekend of February 29 for a family vacation at Sea World. The grounds were spectacular and the kids had fun feeding the ducks. The service was amazing. It took them only seconds to bring extra towels, sheets, and fix the toilet...yes, the toilet and the plumbing had problems. And the carpet was dirty. My kids ran around the room with white socks and it turned black in less than 1 hour. There was a heater in the living room but not in the bedroom...so you had to leave the door open. I paid for an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite, so when I complained of the plumbing/heating problem, they reimbursed me.
Like I said, the service was fantastic. If you have patience with a little older hotel with a homey feeling, this is a great place.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2004

I stayed here last month and was extremely pleased. The spa was excellent, and my girlfriend can't wait to go back. There is beautiful beachfront for sunning in the day or walking at night. A couple of pools wiht an excellent sundeck area as well as numerous recreational options make this a great place to stay wity a family. Rooms are huge with large bathrooms and closets as well as a nice porch to relax on.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2004

Booked 3 separate rooms for a family group, mid-February. The grounds are spectacular and reminded me of a tropical island . . . lush and quiet.

All rooms were alike, but each had a different view. Only one room of the three had a terrific garden view; the other two faced the parking area. It seems that the bathrooms are rather updated (granite countertops, etc.), but the furniture and carpets were pretty shabby and disappointing----made it feel a lot less clean. The room I stayed in had an ant problem; the others were okay. (We were told that the recent rains bring the unfortunate appearance of ants.) Though we asked for non-smoking rooms, one was apparently not (the smell was very evident).

Their nearby "Barefoot Grille" was excellent, and it was delightful to eat outside next to a quiet marina. As we had children, they loved seeing the big fish and ducks at the edge where we sat.

The only way we would stay here again is if we learned that the rooms had been refurbished. The goo on one couch, the stained carpets, the ants, etc., really put a damper on an otherwise superb location.

(Seeing 3 different rooms, now I see why the reviews vary greatly here.) To their credit, we were given some reimbursement on the two rooms with more problems, and the staff was courteous. We appreciated that.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2004

Just returned from vacation. Four nights in Las Vegas at the Mirage and three nights at Paradise Point in San Diego. I was conflicted about choosing Paradise Point because of the reviews I read about it. Some great some terrible. I should have believed the terrible ones. The grounds ARE beautiful but I wasn't sleeping under a Palm tree. The rooms are shabby at best. Old, musty, moldy and ant infested. I was thankful to only be spending 3 nights there. I couldn't have taken any more. We were supposed to have a garden view room. That must have been the bush outside our door which looked out to the driveway. For something nice to say... the food and service at the bar and grill was good and it is very pretty to drive in and out of the entrance.

• Stayed January 2005
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2004

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Paradise Point. I had read the reviews on this site, and I viewed photos from the resort's own website. From the time you enter the driveway of this private hideaway, you feel a tingle of excitement...I am from the East Coast, so it was pretty amazing to feel cradled by palms, bird-of-paradise flowers and pastel colored poppies! The grounds are a wonderland of gardens, pretty bridges over brooks, fountains, etc. The grounds were immaculate and obviously well-tended. The staff was absolutely professional, friendly and courteous. The hotel upgraded our reservation from a garden lanai to a bayside room when they learned we were on our honeymoon, we had not asked for this, but were very pleased! The room we stayed in was just as shown in the internet photos: very clean, albeit slightly worn, maybe just not as crisp as brand new. The on-site restaurant, "Baleen" was classy and served excellent food and wine. Main pool was super!
Now, understand that I got a great rate ($150 range) over the internet, and I feel we absolutely got a dose of paradise for this money! I can't imagine paying over $230 for this room...I can't wait to return someday!...I don't understand any negative opinions of this property on tripadvisor.

Been to Paradise Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!