I blindly booked this hotel on the same day as our stay through the Hotels Tonight Ap. After a day at Sea World, it turned out to fit our needs perfectly. First, we got upgraded to a garden view bungalow. From the lowest grade bungalow that overlooked the driving path/road. Our room was small but newly re-done. If we had stayed more than one night, I would have upgraded us to a suite with a kitchen. The hotel has a beach shack chic feel. Nice, but not too nice. My kids (2 under 10) liked the pool area. I liked walking on the beach. That there are fire pits along the beach is a nice touch. There were plenty of groups "camped" out along the sand enjoying themselves. I would love to go back and do the same. It seemed to me like everyone there was a return visitor.
The only negative is that our bedroom wall was paper thin. It was hard to fall asleep since I could clearly hear the family in the room next to us chatting and laughing. I will bring ear plugs next time.
It is nice that you can park your car right in front of your room. But because of this, there are cars constantly on the go. It makes it hard to walk around freely with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Reservation Counter, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Jetsetter so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego