This hotel is AMAZING! I am a travel agent who had mixed feelings aout staying hear based on the different reviews I read and I do not understand what those prior guests are talking about. This is an oasis in the middle of a bustling city and it is fabulous. The resort has so many things to do that you never have to leave if you don't want to. Our room we stayed in was a Lania Garden Bungalow and I cannot express enough the large size, the cleanliness, the comfortable bed, and the beauty of it. We arrived pretty late on Friday night and was greated by a very nice front desk clerk who checked us in with no problems. The property was gorgeously decorated with little twinkling lights while you drive in and fire torches to give you a pacific paradise resort feeling. Once we found our bungalow we headed down to the beach to sit near one of the many fire pits. We roasted marshmallows and had some yummy s'mores. The next day we ate breakfast at The Barefoot Bar a Grill (try the Chipolte Hash it is so good) and decided to relax at the main pool. We also fed the ducks, played a few holes of the 18 hole mini-golf course on property, walked around the resort, and ate dinner at Baleen (lovely fine dining restaurant with reasonable prices and very delicious food). Please note that this resort is on the water so getting a musty smell in the room is true but within a few hours of running the AC you could no longer smell it. The hotel is worth every penny and AAA is right in awarding it 4 stars. I hoestly did not see anything that was previously complained about and I can guarantee that if there was a problem the hotel will accomodate the best they can. As an added bonus, the hotel sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to wish me a Happy Birthday. I am looking forward to our return and hoping it is sooner rather than later. Paradise Point you all are so wonderful and we are so excited to be coming back in October!!
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Point Resort And Spa
- Paradise Point Hotel San Diego
- Paradise Point San Diego
- Paradise Point Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gentle Mission Bay, this luxurious 44-acre island resort features comfortable, California bungalow-style rooms amidst lush, tropical gardens and lagoons. Here at this AAA Four-Diamond San Diego hotel, you can explore one mile of beach, five swimming pools, and enjoy various amenities including tennis courts, an 18-hole putting course, beach cruisers, bonfire pits, and a private marina equipped with sailboats, jet skis, and kayaks. Dine at one of two waterfront venues, then relax and refresh at the plush spa with a treatment from Hawaii, Fiji, Thailand, or Bali. Secluded yet centrally located, the hotel is minutes from top attractions including SeaWorld, Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, and Gaslamp District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Paradise Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.