“Great service in Olive Bar.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #109 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
la
“Great service in Olive Bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Ive been here for a couple days now from LA visiting some friends. We went to the Olive Bar lastnight for appetizers and cocktails. We were greeted by Rachel at the hostess stand, she was very nice and accomodating when we requested to sit in the bar. The atmosphere was very pleasant, our food was prompt and delicious, and our bartender Wendy Lynn was absolutely wonderful. She was very friendly and professional. We enjoyed our visit to the Olive Bar, and the staff made sure we had a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to review Olive Bar, Marie. I'm glad to hear that our team was able to wow you with their engaging and professional service, and we hope to see you again if you revisit the San Diego area. Many thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Polish first
Dublin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Although this Hilton is placed in a beautiful setting the hotel itself was old and tired looking. When I arrived in my room it seems that the housekeeping team left in a hurry as there were dirty towel on the lamps and the bathroom was dirty. The sheetrock in the bathroom was blistered and peeling and the place had seen better days. There is a real need for a make over for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience, Antone. I certainly appreciate the feedback, and I will bring your concerns to our housekeeping and maintenance teams. I hope you enjoyed our many amenities and your overall stay, and I encourage you to reach out to me if work or leisure returns you to the San Diego area. Many thanks again, and we hope to see more of you soon.
Scottsdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel staff was very nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Meeting rooms for the conferences were close by. Hallway noise could be heard inside the rooms easily. Food was below average and costs of beverages at the bar were pricey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to share your thoughts, Genevieve. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will certainly share your dining concerns with our team. We hope you'll consider visiting us again if work or leisure returns you to the San Diego area.
Modesto, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is a bit dated externally but comfortable and with lots of great staff. I was disappointed that my "tower" room was the second (and top) floor of a bungalow style building...not quite what the website advertised. But a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us, Emily. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I apologize that your room didn't have the view you'd expected. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally when booking your next visit, because I'd be honored to have the opportunity to set you up with one of our best. Many thanks again, and we hope you'll consider us again if you revisit the San Diego area.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We just wrapped up a 3 day long conference here and the ENTIRE staff was amazing! From the AV to the hotel desk staff to the Conference team...just wonderful! The food was fabulous, the rooms were amazing and the views...just spectacular!

I ended up staying a day longer with my 2 little kids and the staff could not be more accommodating. It's the little things that make a place great and this place definitely did so many little things!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Villa with my 2 children and there was plenty of room for all of us!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us, Nicky. I'm so glad to hear that business brought you in, but that leisure and our team kept you around. I'll surely pass along your kind words to the entire team, and we hope to see you again when you revisit the San Diego area!
slc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After driving for 11 hours Priceline booked me for the wrong hotel in san diago- when i called them they said they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I drove to the hotel we wanted The hilton on mission bay and the front desk gave me a great rate on a room right by the water. They also refunded my other stay at the hilton mission valley. I did not even ask them to do that. This is my first stay at a hilton and will not be my last. Thanks Jason and family from SLC, UT

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience, Jason. I'm sorry to hear that your San Diego stay started out rocky, but I'm thrilled that our staff was able to set you up with a first class experience. Thanks again for the kind words, and we hope to see much more of you soon!
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We must single out Laurent, the restaurant manager, Jeff the bartender, and Nadia, the bar server, who all went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed at Happy Hour. They accommodated our seating preference, and displayed the highest level of customer service, friendliness, efficiency and hospitality. Give them all a raise!!! Job well done!!

• Stayed May 2013
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting The Olive Lounge and for taking the time to share such kind words. I'll be sure to pass your praises along to Laurent, Jeff, and Nadia; their skills and service are exemplars of the high HIlton standards we hold for all our team, and I'm so glad they were able to make your experience an even more enjoyable one. Many thanks again, and we hope you'll return soon!