“Amazing location and exceptional staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #119 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Amazing location and exceptional staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We just wrapped up a 3 day long conference here and the ENTIRE staff was amazing! From the AV to the hotel desk staff to the Conference team...just wonderful! The food was fabulous, the rooms were amazing and the views...just spectacular!

I ended up staying a day longer with my 2 little kids and the staff could not be more accommodating. It's the little things that make a place great and this place definitely did so many little things!

Room Tip: I stayed in a Villa with my 2 children and there was plenty of room for all of us!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience with us, Nicky. I'm so glad to hear that business brought you in, but that leisure and our team kept you around. I'll surely pass along your kind words to the entire team, and we hope to see you again when you revisit the San Diego area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Polish first
slc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After driving for 11 hours Priceline booked me for the wrong hotel in san diago- when i called them they said they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. I drove to the hotel we wanted The hilton on mission bay and the front desk gave me a great rate on a room right by the water. They also refunded my other stay at the hilton mission valley. I did not even ask them to do that. This is my first stay at a hilton and will not be my last. Thanks Jason and family from SLC, UT

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience, Jason. I'm sorry to hear that your San Diego stay started out rocky, but I'm thrilled that our staff was able to set you up with a first class experience. Thanks again for the kind words, and we hope to see much more of you soon!
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We must single out Laurent, the restaurant manager, Jeff the bartender, and Nadia, the bar server, who all went above and beyond to make us feel welcomed at Happy Hour. They accommodated our seating preference, and displayed the highest level of customer service, friendliness, efficiency and hospitality. Give them all a raise!!! Job well done!!

• Stayed May 2013
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting The Olive Lounge and for taking the time to share such kind words. I'll be sure to pass your praises along to Laurent, Jeff, and Nadia; their skills and service are exemplars of the high HIlton standards we hold for all our team, and I'm so glad they were able to make your experience an even more enjoyable one. Many thanks again, and we hope you'll return soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Salamu Aulaikum! I went to San Diego as a keynote speaker at a medical conference. I was booked into this Hilton on Mission Bay. After a long and busy day, I arrived at the hotel and was welcomed with kindness and respect. My car could be parked right near my room. The grounds were beautiful, and the walk I took along the water was relaxing. I sat on my patio on the comfortable lounge chair and just enjoyed the cool evening air.
I slept beautifully in the comfortable room that had a great bed.
Breakfast the next day was a treat, not just because of the choices of food available from table service to a huge buffet, but the waiter I had was delightful. He was attentive to my needs, and I observed him as he went about his business. I travel a lot and I do not see this kind of service often. He knew people who had been in on other days, sometimes greeting them by name. I could tell they had the same high opinion of him as me. He was the icing on the cake of a short but memorable stay at the Mission Bay Hilton, San Diego!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, which I usually would not choose, but it allowed me to have a beautiful te...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for visiting our resort and for taking the time to share your experience. We're always glad to provide a relaxing escape for our business travelers, and I'm thrilled to hear that our environment and our courteous staff were both able to make your stay an even more pleasurable one. Thanks again for your time, and we hope to see more of you soon!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a conference here, but came a day early to see the area. Enjoyed the premises, which are quite lovely, the pool which is large and attractive with multiple hottubs surrounding it. Good restaurant on premises. Loved having a porch with my room where I could sit out and read or have breakfast.

Room Tip: Decide where you'd like to be (near the pool, away from everything, view of bay, etc. Lots of fi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for visiting and for sharing your experience at our Hilton resort. I'm glad to hear you took an additional day to take advantage of our countless offerings and to take in the beauty of our natural environment. We hope you'll consider us again if business or leisure returns you to the San Diego area. Many thanks!
Santa Monica, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great place to stay, had excellent amenities and very kid friendly!!! I went for a conference but made it a family trip as well. Great location my husband was able to take me daughter out in the day and we hung around the hotel at night. the hotel has a great kids pool and is located right next to a great park. loved this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share your experience, Megan. I'm thrilled to hear you and your family were able to take advantage of the many amenities of our location. Our resort prides itself on being as utilitarian for business as it is calm and relaxing for the guest who just wants to get away from it all. Thanks again for your kind words, and we hope to see more of you and your family in the future!
phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We just returned from the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa... we had a wonderful time! We were "celebrating" our 25th anniversary with a short 2 night stay ... with no kids! :) We did Sea World, Old Town and went to nearby YMCA for workouts and rented a sailboat for an hour and sailed backwaters of Mission Bay..

I was a little skeptical about this hotel based on mixed reviews, but that actually encouraged me to book it and check it out for ourselves... we were glad we did! I used HHonors points and $$ to reserve the room at Hilton.com, made a note about our 25th on the website when booking, and when we arrived were upgraded immediately to a beachfront room, and even though the carpet smelled of (illegal) smoke from the previous occupants, we kept the room and opened the windows... meanwhile the fantastic front desk staff (Paige rocks!) sent over a really nice anniversary cheese/cracker/fruit plate and bottle of wine, which was very nice gesture.

PROs:
Fantastic location, easy access of I8 and I5, very close to Old Town (via side streets), great rental shop for bikes, jetskis, various sizes of sailboats, etc, beachside walking/running path takes you to parks and playgrounds (for kids) north and south of the hotel. The pools are nice, heated, and one just for kids that they can walk into, the flora and fauna around the grounds are stunning and really well cared for. The interior is updated, even though the buildings are sort of mid 60-70 construction, there are some tired areas but not really anything ugly. The GIFT shop is the best you have EVER seen, it has EVERYTHING and then some, and get the discount coupons from the front desk an check-in, check sale rack. Same with coffee shop across from check-in, everything was reasonably priced, that is where we had "breakfast" Overall, we really had a nice time here, wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy all the amenities.. BEST THING is HAPPY HOUR 4-6pm, do not miss this you could call it "early dinner" because their appetizers are off the dinner menu but cheaper and the waitstaff (Lindzee) and her crew behind the bar really took care of us so don't miss happy hour, you will leave very happy, order the house Chardonnay if in doubt !! :)

CONs: parking is up to $33/night, see if you can talk them down at check-in, but parking is expensive all over San Diego, and no parking on the street in front of the hotel between 2-4 am. If you were a dishonest person you could tell them you don't have a car when you check-in, and park on the street till 2am, but then where are you going to park until 4am? My logic is that $33 in 2013 is like $12 in 1983 (adjusted for inflation), so it doesn't seem so unreasonable and you can park right near your room, and save all the bellhop tips, etc. The dinner place, Acqua, was OK food-wise, seemed pricey for the quality of food frankly, and I became really sick after our $$$ "anniversary" dinner, so DO NOT ORDER the SWORDFISH!! But the dinner staff were great, as was the restaurant ambiance. We also went in to the Spa just to check it out, it is really pricey for what you get (massages, etc), but that is Cali... they had basic treadmills, elliptic, and weights, nothing special but free to hotel guests. We are Y members so we went to nearby Mission Valley YMCA, great facility outdoor pools, spin class, yoga, etc.

great family place if you have little ones you can keep a close eye on them because the pool area is centrally located and they can't go to far... to find you at the Happy Hour! :)

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. If they have it for the nights you are there, they will give it to you if you a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonMissionBay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to share such thoughtful comments regarding your experience with us. We're thrilled that you chose the our Hilton Resort and Spa for you anniversary getaway, and I'm so glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you with the exemplary services that we've become acclaimed for in San Diego. While I'm sorry to hear about your initial housekeeping concerns, I'll surely bring these to the appropriate team members. That said, we're so glad to have you as guests and advocates, and we hope to see more of you in the future. Many thanks again, and happy anniversary!

Been to Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!