“Three Days - Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #101 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Auburn, California, United States
“Three Days - Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

DO NOT HESITATE to stay here. This place and the folks working there were perfect. We arrived very late on Thursday evening and from the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty.
the room view with a view was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The Acqua Cafe served us three great breakfasts that started each day we stayed there.

The Hilton San Diego Resort is celebrating their 50th anniversary, yet you wouldn't know that. It is well appointed and up-to-date.

All in all, we will stay there again, hopefully real soon.

Room Tip: Mission Bay View room, breakfast at Acqua, enjoy the spa/pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bob C
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful three day getaway with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last week for a quick "in and out" meeting. I always try to find a nice item to take back for the kids....I must say I was soooo incredibly impressed with the staff of the hotel gift shop. The staff was working very hard to complete an inventory once the shop had closed......but Lorena welcomed me in to the shop, helped me find items to take back, all with the greatest smile! Awesome. As a frequent traveler, service means everything to me. Thank you Lorena and the store staff!!!
Al........Philadelphia

Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Al V
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy that our Market Place team was able to provide you with quality service. I hope we were able to find you something special to take back to your little ones! Please come back and visit us again soon.

california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Ok I was there for business. A single night but wanted to stay for two with my wife hopefully at the same rate which was somewhat discounted. They blew me off totally. So the day we checked in they suddenly had availability. Now the front desk gentleman was very helpful so kudos to him. But...

We were given a 4th floor room looking at the roof of the main building. Ok not really a big deal since we weren't there for the view. The room was odd. A single piece of artwork and a large tiled area with nothing in it. Maybe a small table chair arrangement? It was just empty. The hallways were barren of any decorations as well. It was as though they started a remodel and stopped...

Then there was the internet...well...for $14.95 that is. There was free internet in the lobby but nowhere to sit comfortably. Oh they have two computers you can use in the lobby but you have to stand to use them. Silly to say the least. In todays world when you can find wi-fi everywhere I have to pay for it or lug my laptop down to the lobby? Good grief Hilton you can do so much better.

Oh and you pay to park there. $30.00 a night. Again...really? I can understand this if were the height of season but its not. They did kindly cut it to 15.00. I thought about eating there but passed. The breakfast "buffet" was $20.00 plus for not a whole lot in my opinion. We went to the bar and had a single drink and checked out the dinner menu. Pass again. Designer food and expensive in my opinion and the ambienance wasn't anything special. Go to Old Town to eat.

Overall it was a blah hotel. Hilton is known for its quality and I have stayed in others before that were superb. Not this one. Glad I wasn't there for anything more than a short getaway...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. We are very sorry we were not able to provide a satisfactory experience while you were here. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us, and I am happy to say that because of the feedback we have received regarding wireless internet, we will be starting a project to provide wifi in all of our guest rooms. Please know that we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. Thank you again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had 4 extremely restful nights at this resort which has stunning views over the bay. If you want nightlife etc, then this is probably not for you as the city is a $50 taxi round trip. Sea world is 4 miles away and there is a shuttle. Our room had a firepit on it and the resort shop sells all you need for s cosy night on the patio. Helpful and friendly staff, great restaurant and perfect bar setting with fires. We were off season so some bars in the hotel were shut but I can not fault it

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Jacksonfamily186411
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay with us. I am happy to read that we were able to provide you with a relaxing vacation in one of our highly coveted fire pit rooms, which are perfect for private s'mores parties and people watching. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Sidcup, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed in a garden suite room and was offered a lovely room with a view on a metal fence with a high wall. Basically no view at all! This is even more distressing as I did ask them by email to upgrade the room if it was available as my stay was part of a wedding anniversary. I was... totally ignored. I told the desk manager to "fix" it saying there is still time to do a little something for my wife: a rose - whatever but... they did nothing again. On top of this our room was not refreshed before late 5PM! nice! I wrote to the hotel manager Elizabeth Pelekis but had no response. Lovely service!

The restaurants are overpriced but we eat well and the look is great.

Parking at $32 is a total rip off but I was aware of it...

No wifi in the room and if you connect more than one pc to their dead slow cabled internet connection, you get... charged each time you add a device. Most hotels do a pack of 3 per connection. You get to relax in this hotel as you simply don't get wifi even by the pool it did not work!

Talking of the pool... it is messy and not cleaned - used towels were everywhere and new towels were sometimes not available at all. There were ducks who truly enjoyed the pool and were swimming in it! Nobody made an attempt at chasing the ducks away! Nice... on top there was some duck poo around the pool.

I will be forwarding pictures of myself and the ducks to the Health and safety in The US and CDC as a child could get very sick around duck poo!

not recommended - trust me.

Go anywhere else but there. or like me... stick to four seasons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephane E
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us and sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us during your stay with your wife. I have addressed these issues with our staff to ensure that guest requests are met if possible and that guest amenities such as our pool atmosphere is conducive to a relaxing environment. Lastly, I regret that you were not able to get a hold of our Hotel Manager. We’ve checked her email account, and can find no record of an email highlighting your distress. We would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your stay. At your convenience, if you can please contact her once more, we’d greatly appreciate it. Her email address is epeleckis@missionbayhilton.com. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. We look forward to hearing from you.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Some mixed reviews on tripadvisor so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was quite impressed by the San Diego Hilton Resort. The room was large and very comfortable and the outside bar and patio area were very pleasant for evening drinks or breakfasting. The staff were very friendly and professional also. Cons included the rather erratic wifi and for those without a vehicle you are rather cut-off as there is nothing much in the area, although taxis are easily obtained in the forecourt. The restaurant prices were expensive and laundry fees rather extortionate but overall I very much enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank houndtang
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was married at the Hilton Mission Bay in September and everything from the property, food, service, and accommodations was exquisite! The catering manager and wedding planners, Particularly Lara Bagby, were top notch. Miguel Hernandez in security took extra time and care to locate forgotten personal items.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kimberly d
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
First off, CONGRATULATIONS on your recent nuptials. We are truly honored that you chose us to celebrate such a special day! I am thrilled to read that everything went smoothly and that Lara and Miguel were able to provide you with high level service we strive to provide to all of our special brides. Please come and visit us again soon. We would love to make your next stay another time to remember!