“Awesome - stay for a drink or getaway and relax!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #113 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Rancho San Diego, CA
“Awesome - stay for a drink or getaway and relax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a beautiful resort - the rooms are updated and beautiful. Located right on Mission Bay - with such beautiful sunsets, no need to go anywhere else. The pool area and grounds are lovely and relaxing. Aqua (the new restaurant) has a great wine selection and the food is awesome. Truly the service is excellent, I'll come back over and over again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water! ;)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback. I am thrilled to read to read that you had such a wonderful experience. We hope you consider coming back to our resort on your next travels to San Diego.

Vera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton for a Saturday-Sunday-Monday evening getaway. Our room was large and recently renovated with a very soft and cozy bedding. Was also super quiet. We also appreciated that there was a refrigerator in room to keep snacks and beverages cold and fresh.

The pool area and grounds are very nice and we enjoyed the ping pong table and giant checker board. Location is great for long walks however, the location is a little too far out of the way to depend on cabs for transportation. i.e. $50 roundtrip to downtown or $24 roundtrip to Old Town to catch public transportation. We did not rent a car, so we did save the $22/night on parking charges, however, we "packed" for the day so we did not spend $100 just to get places each day.

Room Tip: Ask for Bay View Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing vacation and that you enjoyed your room and the pool. We hope you consider us again for your next mini getaway.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hilton Resort and spa in San Diego is in a beautiful location and has a fabulous pool,our kids loved it. Hotel experience spoiled somewhat by the extortionate parking charges - $32 a day! and the fact there is no free Wi-Fi in the rooms. Come on, even the Holiday Inn does better than that! There is free wi-fi in the lobby but only for one day (not much good if you are staying longer!). Staff were friendly and helpful. We had room service once - the day we arrived after travelling for 24 hrs, but would not do it again as it was not great, and yes, you guessed it, it was expensive! Beds were very comfortable and we did sleep well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will distribute your concerns to the appropriate department. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was our final place to stay on a trip down the California coast and it was a great end to a great trip. We loved the location right around the corner from Sea World. The hotel has a shuttle to take you over and bring you back which is so much more convienent than trying to find parking. The hotel’s own parking was a little pricey, but we did some comparison shopping before we booked and everyone else was charging about the same. We were surprised how expensive parking is in San Diego, but being from the Bay area we’re used to it.

We are Hilton Honors members and therefore received a free breakfast. I think you have to pay if you’re not a member. The items on the buffet were all very good and fresh. The restaurant was packed so we wound-up sitting in the bar which doesn’t have a view of the water. But when we returned for dinner we were treated to a table on the patio with a nice view and a fire pit for warmth. Dinner was very good and our waitress was very chipper. Her menu recommendations were all delicious. She also sent us to a jazz supper club downtown called Anthology that was great for our second night.

Nice rooms, nice pool, nice people. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy the views of Mission Bay for dinner. It hasnt gotten too chilly in San Diego yet but those firepits sure are wonderful! We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked this Hotel through Expedia after a very exhasting search. I did see some conflicting reviews but it looked like the best choice for us. We decided to go to San Diego for our 40 th Wedding anniversary. We booked a room in the tower and I sent an e-mail to the hotel about our upcoming event. I got a very nice reply from a wonderful lady named Kristanna, who offered to upgrade to a Villa Room(much nicer) and send us up some complemantary Champaigne and strawberries. When we arrived they enen upgraded us to Bay side view Villa!! I can't say enough nice things about the staff(esp Kristanna who turned out to be a Concierge) who did everything in the power to make our stay special. The grounds were great and the pool area spectacular. The only downer was the parking fee( which everyone has mentioned and which I don't understand) The waitress staff at the resturant were very friendly and everyone you saw greeted you with a smile. Thanks for making our visit memorable and if given a choice I would re-visit in a heartbeat. San Diego is sure a great place to visit.

Room Tip: Try and stay in a Villa Room if possible, the Bay side is the Best. Don't be afraid to inquire a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with your feedback and happy 40th Anniversary to you!
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy our waterfront room. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Charlestown, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a few days after a pretty rough month. I contacted the hotel to see if a few things could be arranged for us, and Kristana came through in the biggest of ways! She was great to deal with, and got everything we wanted done to perfection. I wish we would have had more time to stay at this hotel, but we would definitely stay here again when we are in San Diego!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Kristana was able to help you will all your requests! We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am staying here for a fitness convention and this morning as I was walking back to my room exhausted after a 2 hour workout I heard a women say, "Good morning mam" I looked over and out of a random room the cleaning lady made a point to say good morning with a HUGE SMILE. I then walked down the hall into my room to find THE CLEANEST HOTEL ROOM I have ever been in. All my clothes were folded, all my hair-tyes, make-up, sweaty clothes in the bathroom were cleaned and organized, my food was put away I could tell she really took the time to clean this room - it was unbelievable! I then walked backed down the hall to thank her and when I did I swear she was about to cry she was so grateful that I appreciated her work she said, "Im so happy I made you happy and you feel comfortable and can relax." This women is a GEM and really takes pride in her job, she should be a role model to everyone no matter what position they work.
THANK YOU YENY from the Hilton San Diego cleaning staff you made my day!!
Jenny Schatzle (from Santa Barbara)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Yeny's small gesture made your day. In return, your gesture of thanking her for the cleanliness of your room most certianly did the same for her. Our housekeeping team works so hard and Yeny will now recieve a token of appreciation for your review! We hope that you come back and visit us again soon.

Vera

Been to Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!