“The staff went the extra mile when I left clothes behind.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #113 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
“The staff went the extra mile when I left clothes behind.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to Billy in Security! I stayed at the hotel for a conference and accidentally left a jacket behind when I checked out. I didn't notice till I was on my plane somewhere over Kansas. I called the hotel, they put me in touch with Billy and he shipped my jacket overnight. Just like that. Great service!

• Stayed September 2012
hiltonmissionbay, Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for posting your feedback. I'm happy to hear that Billy was able to retrieve and overnight your jacket back to you. It sounds like everything turned out well. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Vera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

staying in san diego on the last leg of our honeymoon, we stayed in th hilton, the setting was beautiful, lovely room looking onto the bay, no wifi in rrom so had to goto the lobby to use it, food was lovely happy hour between 4 and 6 was great as the prices were really expensive, only complaint i have is one night when me and my husband were sitting in the jacuzzi with about 5 other people the security staff came over and asked me and my husband if we were staying in the hotel and made us provide our room key for proof, we were the only people asked which i thought was very ignorant, we were isolated as we were the yungest inthe pool being 24 and 26 , no one else was asked to proove they were staying at the hotel, i was very angry and embaressed, and spoiled this night of my honeymoon, on a whole lovely hotel, but did not know why we were picked on this night,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review. Your review will assist us in improving our quality of service for all guests. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed many parts about your stay, I apologize for your experience in our whirlpool. Being located right on the bay and public boardwalk, we sometimes have non-guest attempt to utilize our pool area, which is reserved for hotel guest only. This results in us performing random checks for hotel keys in our pool area. I apologize if this was an inconvenience for you and your husband, and hope that you come back again soon and allow us to give you a better experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We LOVE the SD HiltonResort and Spa! We found it by accident last summer and have visited there six times since. It's our favorite local getaway. They are extremely child friendly, especially in the summer with the dive in movies, s'mores nights, kids club, and more. Our kids love going there. The staff there is always super friendly and helpful. A special thank you to NIKKA who checked us in on one of visits and went above and beyond to help us out and make sure our stay was great. Our only serious complaint is the price of parking, especially since it recently went up. The pools are awesome, the food is good, and having the beach right there adds more fun. We are going back in a couple of weeks. And we will continue to stay there for a long time to come!!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for posting your review! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your vacation at our resort. We know that you have many hotels to choose from, and we thank you for your loyalty and continued business. We are happy to provide complimentary resort activities such hosted s'mores bond fires on the bay, family friendly dive-in movies and a host of pool activities to our valued guests. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again.

Teaneck, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel has so much to offer for family vacations. We stayed there this past August and it was great. There are daily activities at the pool, movies at night by the pool and awesome s'mores making on the beach!
There are also tennis courts to rent, and our kids really enjoyed it.
It is located right on the boardwalk where we were able to rent bikes for our whole family (kids ranged from 10-5 years old). As well as paddle boats. There are also playgrounds a short walk on the boardwalk.
The location of the hotel was great for all San Diego area attractions.
The rooms were nice sizes, and clean.
The pool was on the small side for such a great resort, but it was perfect for our 5 day trip.
The only con is that the rooms don't have wifi. There is only wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Your review of our hotel will assist us in making improvements for future guests. Thanks to reviews like yours, our hotel is diligently working on a project to provide wireless internet in all of our guestrooms. A project we anticipate on completing in the next few months. Please come back and visit us again soon to experience all of the improvements we're making to the resort.

Edmonds, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We arrived late Friday night after a very long, tiring day! Nicky, the Bellman, was welcoming and so energetic. He has a "can do" attitude, answered all of our questions and went above and beyond to help us. Throughout our days on the property, he was friendly and helpful - as were every employee we encountered at the pool, our room and everywhere in between. Thank you Nicky for setting the tone for a great trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad that we were able to provide you with exceptional service and that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Thanks!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stay for 4 nights and it was perfect.
The team is very nice, we loved the swimming pool and the ability to go to the beach, the main problem that you have to eat in the hotel restaurant or driving for 10 min. To find restaurant
I will be back for sure....

Thank you for posting your feedback. While I'm glad that you had an overall good stay, I apologize if you were inconvenienced by our restaurant options. We're fortunately centrally located to all of San Diego's popular dining options and I'm happy you were able to take advantage of our local cuisine. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

First off, I should say that I am from San Diego and moved away a few years ago. When I was offered the chance to go back for a week to attend a conference, I jumped at the chance. Upon arrival, I had problems. The paperwork I had faxed over to secure my room was lost and dispite having a fax confirmation, since the form was nowhere to be found, I was told I could not check in unless I paid for it on my own. After some back and forth with the manager, we figured out a way to work it out so I could stay at the hotel. So I got to stay and could have parked my car there for $32 per night but have family close to the hotel so that cost was avoided.

I was given an ADA room which was not really that bad. I really liked the oversized shower and it was not a big deal to have my clothes hangers really low to the ground.

Night 1, sleep was interrupted by the smoke alarm in my room going off at 2am. Loud noice and flashing lights, freaked me out a little but turns out it was just a faulty alarm in my room. In fact, it was so old that a replacement was not able to be found so I stayed the remaining 5 nights in my room with no smoke alarm. Really glad there was no fire. I would have expected that I be moved to a different room but that was not addressed, just inconvenient workers in my room trying to fix the alarm unsuccessfully.

The rest of my stay was uneventful - I really liked the pool area and even made s'mores over a fire pit by the pool - that was cool. All staff was extremely friendly and although it was a rough start, all ended well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. It is great to hear that you had an overall nice stay with us but I apologize for the issues that you experienced initially. Exceptional guest service is the cornerstone of our brand promise, and I apologize if your check-in was anything but smooth. I'd also like to apologize for the issues in your room. We will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Vera Johnson

Been to Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!