“Great time, can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa

You added Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1775 East Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #111 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Simsbury,CT
“Great time, can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

Beautiful facility with so much to offer, between the pools,games, beach etc it was difficult to decide what to do. Fabulous location for families and friends regardless of age. You can park your car and stay for days and you will love every minute. The staff was most accommodating and it was obvious that excellent customer service is a priority. It had a very nice design both interior and exterior, reminded me of a Hawaiian resort. Food was also great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hiltonmissionbay, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you so much for the outstanding review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience all the recreation activities we have to offer. We strive to provide excellent customer service each and every time. We appreciate you choosing the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Director of Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My family and I went on our 5 day vacation and ran into a problem at a hotel in the Gaslamp quarter. We called the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa. Rod at the front desk completely took care of us. He was so wonderful!! Then the next day we need some additional help and William was at the front desk. I could not believe how much he went out of his way to accommodate us!! I have never been treated so well. I just want to say that Rod and William really saved our vacation and we are so appreciative. We will come back to this hotel soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you and “save” your San Diego vacation! We feel that it is very important to go the extra mile for our guests and we appreciate your feedback! I will personally thank and recognize Rod and William internally for their commitment to excellence! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Our 16 member family had a wonderful weekend at the Hilton resort. It was like traveling to a south sea isle. We really enjoyed speed boating around the bay. The kids had a great time in the pool, playing checkers on the large pool side boards and feeding the ducks and Koi. The Fresco restaurant food was fantastic - tasty and hot served by friendly and caring staff. Whether we were at the breakfast buffet or casually elegant dinner, everything was perfect. We even saw and heard the firework display from SeaWorld. We had a better view than being in the park.

Our rooms were spacious, comfortable and cool. We had a great view of the beach and just a few steps to the beach and fire pits. One night we had fire and ate Smores while the kids played. Our maids cleaned up the family mess everyday so we always had a fresh room and toilet area. Our patios gave us a home base for biking, walking and water biking.

The hot water of the jacuzzi really helped relax us all at the end of the day. The pool side bar and restaurant has a very pleasant and helpful staff who gladly moved umbrellas and heat lamps around to make our visits very comfortable.

You can really relax from the moment you check in to the moment you leave. This Hilton is truly a resort experience that makes memories that everyone will cherish.

Room Tip: ask for a beach side room walk out to the beach
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
We are so glad that the Hilton SD provided the perfect environment for a memorable family reunion! We truly appreciate your feedback about what a family is looking for so we can keep fine tuning our recreation activities to make our guest’s vacations as enjoyable as possible. Thanks for the great review and feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-8978 if you’re looking to book next year’s trip! :)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011 via mobile

Hilton San Diego Resort grounds are beautiful... The 1st room we had for my husband handicap accessibility was kind of small...he could move around to well in his wheel chair...I went to the front desk and talked with TC the counter clerk...she is an awesome "LADY"....she relocated us to another room which was bigger and she made sure my husband had a bath chair for the shower plus a higher toilet seat to help him get up without extra struggles... for it not to be handicap "TC" help turn it into ONE for the comfort of my husbands needs!!! I rate her a 5 star...everyone at this hotel was very nice...thanks also to the other clerk who gave us a discount on parking...

• Stayed June 2011
hiltonmissionbay, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for the great review! I’m so glad that TC was able to accommodate you and your husband’s needs. We hope to welcome you both back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We went to the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for the weekend with our family. There were 13 of us including 5 children from 18 months to 6 years. There was so much for all of us to do. The kids loved feeding the ducks and the fish. All of the Hotel staff were wonderful. The food and the service was A+. Kevin always welcomed us with a smile and had tables set up for our large group. He kept checking to make sure we were happy and the children had whatever they needed. Ignacio remembered what all of us ordered to drink the first morning for breakfast and brought it to us when we sat down for breakfast the second day. From the welcoming staff at the front desk, the staff who were very helpful in the pool area, the friendly ladies in the wonderful gift shop to the best food and wait staff, I would highly recommend any family go to the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa for their vacation.

• Stayed June 2011
Wow. Thanks for the fantastic review. The Hilton SD team strives for excellence and I’m so glad that we were able to make your family vacation so special! We look forward to welcoming all of you back again soon!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights while we were on vacation. There are five of us so we had to get a fold-out bed which made the room pretty small, since it wasn't that big to begin with. There was a musky smell to the room which we figured was due to the hotel being on the Bay. The beds were not comfortable unfortunately but the room was clean. Parking our car was sometimes difficult since there were not enough spaces near the rooms, but we were told to make a space. My husband gets free breakfast vouchers since he travels a lot, so we ate at the restaurant every day. The food and service was very good. Also, we were very pleased with the great location of the hotel. Most places we went to were only a short drive away.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Its comments like yours that help us improve our services and standards. I’m happy that your overall experience was positive and you found our location to be convenient. However, I’m disappointed that you were not a 100% satisfied with the condition of your room. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team and we have had the carpets in all waterfront rooms cleaned to remove the musky smell from the Bay. Also, I’m not sure which room you stayed in, but we have larger rooms to accommodate families including our studio suites and one bedroom suites. If you are interested in booking again, please feel free to give me a call directly and I can assist you in finding spacious accommodations for you and your family!
Odessa, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

The clerk at the counter @ ck.in TC was very helpful as she put us in our room 2 hours early on Sat the 4th when we arrived in San Diego.But the room for a Hilton Resort was overrated as the AC didn't cool, the door had an opening at the bottom as the door seal was missing and you see day light coming in.also the room had a very strong odor.we asked for another room and it wasn't until Monday the 6th that we were moved down the hall in to a like room.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback so we can improve our overall guest experience. Please accept my sincerely apologizes for any disappointment you had during your stay. Our housekeeping staff has been notified and we recently deep cleaned all of the carpets in our waterfront rooms to remove the musky smell from the Bay. I have also discussed the door seal issue that you mentioned with our maintenance staff so we can make sure that all doors are secure as possible. We hope you will consider visiting us again. If you decide to do so, please feel free to reach out to me personally and I will do everything I can to accommodate your needs. My direct line is 619-275-8978. Thank you again for posting your comment!
Lisa Campbell, Director of Guest Relations

Been to Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!