“My One & Only Best of the Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn
3227 Grim Avenue, San Diego, CA 92104   |
Ranked #12 of 40 San Diego B&B and Inns
Lake Oswego Oregon
“My One & Only Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I spend 2-3 weeks a month on the road and just discovered Caroles in San Diego. My stay in the Casita inspired me to book a three night second Honeymoon with my wife. Five star's . Ambiance and the exceptional fresh fruit breakfast have us ready to come back for another romantic getaway

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Benson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I were going to stay one week at Carole's B&B, we spent one miserable night there and left. I did not like it at all, I was very disappointed after reading al the wonderful reviews. We stayed in the cottage across the street, parking space was tiny, hard to get out of the passenger side with a tree overlapping, the cottage was dark, one lamp was out, the television was tiny and remote didn't work, it was very hot inside, one window air conditioner in the bedroom that was noisy, kitchen and living room hot! It was smelly to us and had a fire alarm wire hanging out of the wall. the kitchen seating area was just about enough for one person to sit at. Aftr leaving hot Arizona, I wanted to be comfortable, the bed was queen and I prefer a king. We left and for the same amount of money had a beautiful hotel, lovely room with full buffet breakfast on Shelter Island. Bathroom tiny didn't seem clean. Never met Michael, he cooked breakfast for the two of us but never came out of the kitchen to say hello.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

This is the second time I have had the good fortune to stay with Carole and her son Mike.

Great home/great location and cozy ambiance are the 3 things that come to mind when staying at Caroles. Too bad it was too cold to swim in the pool.

I will be staying there again and again as will my guests when they visiit San Diego.

Thank you Carole.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

Priced well for the value- after being in hotels I was little worried about losing my privacy but quickly found that the warm "Hello how was your day?" and "How are you today?" that was offered to me by Carole and her family was the exact extra touch I needed. It was the right balance of home and solitude. If you want to mix a bit with world travelers and locals this is a wonderful stay- yet you can get away to the pool and your room as needed. A great chance to get a personal touch while I found a place to live.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

Carole's is a great B & B. We have stayed there almost every year for several years because of the warm but non-intrusive emotional atmosphere, the terrific location, the fantastic hot tub & pool, the pleasant rooms & lovely garden.

Carole & her family are terrific & helpful people. The breakfasts are wonderful--tasty & healthy & well prepared [unlike the overly rich, overly pretentious food too often served by B & B's which load on the cholesterol in an attempt to impress people]. Carole's B & B is clean & well-appointed. It is not a pretentious place that just tries to look fancy. Rather, they have kept their meaningful family photos & art objects, reflecting Carole's interesting family & life-- one feels welcomed by friends in a very happy home

• Liked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
DoorCo.Wi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

We had a very nice stay! Innkeepers Carole and Mike make you feel right at home! Also Mike's breakfast are homemade and delicious! The location is great...we took the city buses to all our destinations! Be sure to curl up on one of their comfortable pool chairs and soak up some Calif. sun all year round! SanDiego is a great city to visit with alot of history! We enjoyed the Maritime Museum and Old Town. Restaurants on the shore have great fish tacos and crabcakes! Enjoy!!!

Stayed November 2008
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

I went to San Diego on a Saturday to watch the Blue Angels perform at MCAS Miramar. What a fantastic show it was. So fantastic that I decided to stay and see the Sunday show. There are plenty of nice hotels right by MCAS Miramar but I wanted to treat myself to something more. I decided to try a bed & breakfast. There are several in San Diego to choose from and I chose Caroles Bed & Breakfast because of the turn of the century (20th century) victorian style house, located in an older part of the city called North Park. What a great choice it was. I was greated at the door by Carole herself. Such a charming woman. When I entered her home I was greated by other guests who were enjoying each others company while listening to some soothing music. After chatting with the other guests for about 20 minutes Carole gave me a tour of her house. I was amazed. I felt like I was living in the early 1900's and in the back yard was a large, modern swimming pool with a seperate hot tub. Both surrounded by wooden decking. For dinner I walked a block and a half and found several small places to eat. Such a variety of foods. I chose a place that had steak and seafood which happens to be my favorite.....and it still is!! My room was very comfortable and I had a very peacefull evening. Sunday morning I was greeted in the dining room by Carole and her son Michael. Michael is the cook and I must say the breakfast he made me was much better than at any Denny's and, Michael just happens to be a tea drinker but he makes the best coffee I've ever had. Never again will I stay in a hotel or motel when visiting San Diego. Carole and Michael.......I will be seeing you again!!

• Liked — The friendleyness of the hosts and the other guests
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything I didn't like
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Carole's Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!