The Inn at Sunset Cliifs is a wonderful, aptly named little hotel looking out over the Pacific near the coastal area of Ocean Beach. The folks here are kind, helpful and pleasant. My girlfriend and I stayed here for two days during a west coast vacation and this was by far our favorite place. I actually chose the Inn as the location to propose to my then girlfriend and now fiancee, and the staff was extremely helpful in assisting me anything to setup the proposal (and Leo even took pictures for me! Thanks!). Sunsets here are truly breathtaking and all of the comfortable seating allows for a wonderful spot to read, relax and take it all in.
The rooms are small, but clean and very decent. The bathroom was updated and shower excellent. The bed we found to be a little too firm (on the verge of hard) for our liking, but this was our only "con". You'll find coffee in the morning and several helpful suggestions of places to grab breakfast in OB (Check out Shores, their omelets were excellent). This is a 15 drive to downtown or less than that to the Zoo.
The rooms may be slightly more expensive than other places in the area, but i think the combination of location and service outweigh the slight cost, which is still completely reasonable. We plan to stay here again on our next trip through San Diego.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Sunset Cliffs Hotel
- The Inn At Sunset Cliffs Hotel San Diego
- Hotel At Sunset Cliffs
- At Sunset Cliffs Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Inn at Sunset Cliffs located in historical Point Loma, California. We are one of only a few San Diego hotels truly located on the Pacific Ocean, just steps away from Ocean Beach. Originally built in the 1950′s, we have RECENTLY COMPLETED REMODELING the 24 room inn thus creating a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere to accommodate any San Diego visitor. Almost a brand new hotel! No other San Diego hotel offers a view as breathtaking as from our spacious terrace overlooking the Cliffs, Ocean Beach and as far as La Jolla. The Inn at Sunset Cliffs is truly one of the only San Diego beach hotels that is actually a waterfront hotel. Oceanfront suites with the sea breeze just outside your door. Sunset Cliffs creates scenic atmospheres all year long, with million-dollar views everyday. Being a quiet privately owned San Diego hotel, we support our locals and want to help our community. San Diego Beaches are near, being just a few blocks away from us. Experience the great San Diego surfing with an awesome location to scope where to ride for your session just a few steps away from your room. Wake up to the sounds of the waves crashing onto our property. Look out at the Pacific Ocean to see the beauty San Diego has to offer. When you feel like relaxing, our two ocean view terraces allow you to view out over the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. Kick your feet up and let the waves take you away… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Inn at Sunset Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.