“Nice location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Caribe

Villa Caribe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Villa Caribe
Save Saved
You added Villa Caribe to your Saves list
1521 Cable St., San Diego, CA 92107 (Ocean Beach)   |
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Bonaire's Studio for a week. We were assigned a parking spot and good thing we have a Smart car due to the fact that we had a tiny little parking spot and a few inches longer and we would have been in trouble cuz we would have been parked in front of the garage. Apparently the more you pay for one of the rentals, you get a garage parking space. We rented the cheapest with no ocean view and no garage parking. Oh well.

I have to say it was very clean and charming. We did not use the outdoor area due to the fact that we were running around all day at Sunset Cliffs and such, but it does have nice outdoor shared area with a nice view of the ocean.

One of the great things about this location is the fact you can walk...everywhere. Loved that.

Two of the things we didn't care for....the very heavy, pounding walking on the floor above us at 3 in the morning and the screeching parrots at 6 in the morning. The parrots are fun to look at watch.....after 6 am. LOL

Other than the noise, which you will hear planes flying overhead also, it's a good rental place in a great location.

The rental company answered all my questions immediately and I appreciated that. They were easy to work with also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced rental that was close to the beach and allowed dogs. I stayed at the Martinique for a week. There are 3-4 attached units and this one is off to the side closest to the alley.

The place was very clean and had all the kitchen supplies I needed. I didn't spend many daytime hours inside because the weather was beautiful and sat at the beach for hours. There are 2 small neighborhood beaches a 3-5 minute walk away. I preferred these smaller beaches to the crowded large crowded one by the pier. In comparing prices to other rentals in the area it was competitively and reasonably priced.

The wifi worked just fine and the bed was very comfortable. I had plenty of room but it was just me and my Labrador staying there. When they say 2 adults, 2 kids I would agree that anything more than that would be a tight fit.

The Main Street with all the stores and restaurants is about a 15-20 minute walk in one direction and the cliffs trail that follows along the ocean starts about a 5 minute walk in the other direction. My dog and I walked the trails each morning and its very pretty with a nice breeze coming off the water.

I ate at a few of the restaurants in the area and to me I didn't find anything to either recommend or to steer away from, they were just ok. I preferred bbqing on my own and then eating out on the shared patio by the condo. It was 110 degrees back in Phoenix and I was determined to soak up as much of the 65 degree San Diego weather as possible.

For the most part this unit is exactly as advertised. Some things I ran into were all 3 bikes were broken, the BBQ wouldn't start (seems the ignition button was broken), this particular unit is right off the main gate and garage door so there was A LOT of pedestrian traffic in and out and the gate and door opening / closing was annoying, the washer and dryer were constantly being used by the cleaning service during the day and the renters at night, sand in the jacuzzi and there were a lot of kids staying there while I was there. This unit doesn't have parking assigned and I can see that as the high season approaches it might be difficult to get a street spot close. I only had issues late at night and on the weekend.

I did call about the bikes and the BBQ. The bikes were fixed the following day. These are not the highest end bikes but they are ok to toodle around on. The BBQ had gas but the ignition button didn't work. I went out and bought a $5 lighter and it would start manually. Not a huge deal but I shouldn't have had to go out and buy it especially after I had called it in.

Overall this was a good place to stay. I would stay here again but I'd try and stay in a unit that was further away from the gate and had an assigned parking spot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chandler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Saw a last minute deal for a vacation rental, booked it. No regrets!!! My wife and I stayed in the Bonaire Studio. No ocean view from room, but a few steps out the door and you can see it!! Very Short walk to a beautiful small beach. Great location, comfortable accommodations. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Nigel_005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife and I decided to spend our Honeymoon in San Diego. I surprised her by reserving the Trinidad unit at Villa Caribe. Communication with the establishment was amazing and worked with me to make sure any question I had was answered. I took my new Bride through the gate right up to the Ocean View and she loved it all. The Condo we stayed in was very spacious for the 2 of us. The wood floor and furniture were perfectly suited to create the perfect Ambience. We hope we can go back soon!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
albany ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

My wife, son and I stayed 6 days at the Villa Caribe on Ocean Beach in San Diego in August. We were very impressed to say rhe least.
We walked in using the electronic code, no keys, yay! We looked around, found the suite super clean. then we see a large bathroom, tub with jets, extra towels and mint clean. The large bedroom had extra pillows and a newer bed. The kitchen was like new with a super modern coffee maker and blender as well as expensive silverware, cooking pans and dishware. This is a very classy place. Outside a jacuzzi tub with color lighting for nightime soaking. A very nice landscaped area surrounds the place and has a beautifull view looking out over the Ocean. It is 6 or so blocks to the Pier(one of the largest in California) and right within at least 50 restaurants and stores. We loved it. I bought 2 bikes on a classified ad online and we pedaled all around Ocean Beach. it was great! Did I mantion that when we thought of our dirty laundry we found the washer and dryer and then the detergent that they provided us, they think of everything!
Overall very nice people to talk to and do business with, we will go back again.

• Liked — Evertything was provided and it was super clean
  • Disliked — The amount of time I was able to stay.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Caribe? Share your experiences!