“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Bay Motel

Mission Bay Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mission Bay Motel
Save Saved
You added Mission Bay Motel to your Saves list
4221 Mission Blvd., San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Ranked #214 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Their website says they offer clean and economical rooms close to the beach, which is completely accurate. The 50-room motel is conveniently located on Mission Boulevard within easy walking distance of over a dozen restaurants, a block from a supermarket, and one short block from the Pacific shore, where there is a fine sandy beach with lots of lifeguard stations, as well as the "boardwalk" with many shops and restaurants. Additionally, the management of the motel is very helpful and accommodating. A bonus is free parking. Even though there are not enough parking spaces for every room, when we brought our church youth group back from Sea World around 10 pm on Saturday night, and all spaces were filled, they went out of their way to help us find parking for our two vans as well as being accommodating in other ways.

Room Tip: Since the motel is on a busy street, second story rooms may be a bit quieter than street-level. Be...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review from my room at the motel. We are in the middle of a three night stay. Having read other reviews, I am surprised, I have not had any issues with noise at all. We are staying for the weekend and haven't heard any party noise at all on either Friday or Saturday nights. Beds are fine and bathroom is acceptable. Could do with some hooks for towels though. All in a good place to stay on a budget, very close to the beach, restaurants and other amenities in the area. Not bad at all.

• Stayed August 2013
NorCal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good place to stay if you will be on the beach most of the time. Beds were OK. Sparse furnishings. The fan saved us as there is no air conditioning. Will not be going back on July 3-4th --people were screaming all night from the local bars. Police sirens were going off 24/7 too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

make sure you keep your windows shut and locked, woke up to a bum sleeping in our room next to our bed, came in the by taking off the screen (which we had window open because it was hot and no ac). I wasnt able to get my hands on him before he got back out the window like a dam kangaroo- coulda killed us in all reality, was scary, i chased him but to no avail in my boxers- the front desk could give a **- and if i didnt know better, they were so non-reactionary when we told them, i'd think they were used to it- security sucks- security is non existant- watch your car based on the other reviews, but also watch your window- beds were ok and room was in decent to good condition- good price for the location, but thats the only reason to stay here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Every year for the last ten years I take my family to PB we always stay at the mission bay motel it's a great value and rooms are always very clean there is no ac but it has never been a problem , as it is a stones throw from the beach ,I will continue to stay here for years to come as long as rates stay competive.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Curitiba, PR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Pacific/Mission Beach area in San Diego is a popular destination among young people from around the world looking for fun 24h/7d a week, and that's basically what you'll find there. You chose to stay here because of the beach, surf, bars, restaurants, right? No? Ok, so you need to reconsider your options... But don't get me wrong: overall it's a nice place to stay a few nights and enjoy the beach/surf/skateboard atmosphere of the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I live in San Diego a mere mile down the street from this hotel. I was forced to stay here by my landlord because our building was being tented for termites. Thank goodness I didn't pay for this room or I would have been extremely pissed! I was on the bottom floor on the very end of the hotel (room 101) conveniently located next to the dumpster. The flies from the trash attempted to follow me into the room which let off a musky smell. The comforter had blood stains, and other large yellow circular stains all over it (not to mention the cigarette burn holes in the comforter in our NON smoking room). There is no air conditioner but they do provide a large standing fan which works well to blast air around the tiny room. Not using the disgusting comforter, and needing to use the fan because it is the middle of summer, I had no sleep because I was in a constant temperature fluctuation battle. The bed was super hard and no better than sleeping on the ground. My body hurt the next day from being so stiff. The bathroom was old and the shower dingy with some type of rust casing the bottom of our shower. The bathroom window also provided a nice view of the Burger King across the street. I could hear the person in the room next to our snoring, as well as the sounds of the bar across the street bumping the music well into the night. I am young and go to the bar across the street as a regular, but I am really glad I don't live next to that noise; it was a traumatic experience, which I hope never to relive. My landlord gave me an apology gift certificate for a restaurant because he felt so bad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mission Bay Motel? Share your experiences!