“Enjoyable facility, wonderful buffet breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7450 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #81 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stuart, Florida
“Enjoyable facility, wonderful buffet breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Here for 5-night stay during NCAA tourney with five friends. Very accommodating staff. The bests: LOCATION -- $12 Super Shuttle from airport, about 15 minutes; located on hotel row quite near trolley station and nearby; BREAKFAST BUFFET from 6-10 daily; the warm CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE and bottle of water at checkin. kind of like going to grandma's. The OKs: POOL AREA is nice, but it closes at ten. Would be nice to have a late night drink sitting around a very attractive fire pit before calling it a night. The quirks: NO RESTAURANT on site. Their Panini Grill is small for a hotel of this size and status; complementary WI-FI very reliable in common areas but intermittent, at best, in our 6th floor room; and the hotel's parking garage has VERY NARROW turns (make alt. arrangements if you have any trailer) and the stalls are a challenge to even the most experienced driver...an accident waiting to happen for others. There's no reasonable parking alternative that the six if us could come up with. None of us asked, but our three rooms had NO MICROWAVE oven. That said, I imagine this accommodating staff would find one for us somewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to the walk ramp from the lobby / pool area to the garage area subject to peepers. W...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in Hampton Inns in the backwoods of Eastern Kentucky all the way to Crown Plazas in Singapore. There is a level of quality that is expected at a hotel like the DoubleTree and I don't feel that this location lives up to the standard. The staff is nice and the location is fine, but the quality of the room just isn't good. The pillows have to be ten years old. I've never experience a more uncomfortable pillow anywhere in my life. The air conditioner is not accurate. It's set on 60 and I can guarantee it's not 60 in my room. I'm not saying I want or need it to be 60 (I'm a cold natured person) but it's probably 72 in my room. On to the bathroom - the sink plug and the tub plug were both broken. To make my shower water drain I had to for the lever into a very unnatural position. This hotel is simply outdate and needs a revamp. The elevator buttons don't even all match. Oh, also, the ice machines are at the end of the hallway...so when you are in another hallway at the end, it's quite the haul to get there. (Please note I'm a 28 year old triathlete, it's not the walk that bothers me, it's the layout). Lastly, the television. I am astonished at the fact that their satellite goes out!! It's in the middle of March Madness and on two occasions my TV has frozen and once the signal went out completely. Absolutrly unacceptable.

I'll reiterate that the staff is nice and the location is fine...but the amenities are not acceptable for the price that's paid to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
We’re very sorry we didn't provide you with the high quality amenities you deserve and expect when staying with us. We're working with our maintenance team to address the broken facilities in your guest room and guest bathroom and will keep your suggestions in mind as we make any feasible updates. We hope you’ll consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel as part of a conference. The hotel was well run, clean, and had helpful, friendly staff. The cab ride to the airport was quick and about $35. There were plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and there was the tram was right across the street.

That said, I was surprised a few times. I upgraded to a balcony, except that it wasn't really a balcony. It was one of those half balconies where you can step out, but cannot sit and relax and enjoy the balcony. And balconies overlooking the pool also overlook the freeway. The traffic noise made it I unfeasible to keep the sliding glass doors open.....the whole reason for a balcony. I wish that had been clear before upgrading.

I also found it strange that there was not a restaurant to eat dinner. You had to eat in the lounge. If there were no tables open, and there weren't many, you had to eat dinner from a couch. Odd.

These were little quirks that may or may not impact you. The only thing that really did not sit well was the lack of Wi-fi. It was only available for free in the public areas or if you were a Honors member. I am. But not an important enough one, apparently. I don't have a high enough status to get the free internet service in my room. So all the information saying if you are an Honors member you get internet access was not exactly true. In the end I ended up paying $12 for every 24 hours of service. I find it odd that a hotel with major conference facilities doesn't give you free internet in your room. I thought most hotels of this caliber offered that these days. Guess I was wrong.

Ultimately, I won't go back. Too many other hotels in the area that don't have these issues at this price.

Room Tip: Don't get a balcony room overlooking the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The comfort of our guests is of utmost importance to us. We do offer packages that offer internet with your room. We hope the next time you are in the area you would consider staying with us again.
rosarito, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

i loved this place, the room, the emplyee's, service etc, i definitely recomend this hotel.clean rooms, service, location, faster check in and ckeck out..quality, nice and comfortable conference room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your great review! We will share your feedback with our staff. See you next time!
Clarkston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was at the Mission Valley Double Tree three nights for a conference and enjoyed my visit very much. All of the support staff from desk to cleaning to room service was polite and pro-active to make sure I had what I needed. Easy to get to the downtown area by trolley, about $20 (with tip) cab ride to the airport.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your stay. We are happy you enjoyed our central location in San Diego. See you next time!
Tucson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My three night stay was complete with a great conference and a great room. In room meal service was prompt, hot and delicious each time. Staff was very friendly and there was no wait for check in or check out. The conference rooms were nice, good sized, excellent sound and comfortable! I would definitely come back if I were in the area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the fabulous review! We are thrilled you stayed with us for your conference and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Spacious and clean rooms, very helpful Concierge (don't even try to ask the front desk- they are polite but don't know the answers to your question about the city).
The swimming pools (one outdoor and one indoor, both are heated) are big enough and clean. The location is a little bit out of the center' but you can take a tramway or bus to any place in the city. Therefore it is ideal for conferences or business meetings' but also perfect as a basis for touring the city. Not cheap, but you get a goode value for your money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Samira M, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed our amenities and our central location in San Diego. See you next time!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley? Share your experiences!