Here for 5-night stay during NCAA tourney with five friends. Very accommodating staff. The bests: LOCATION -- $12 Super Shuttle from airport, about 15 minutes; located on hotel row quite near trolley station and nearby; BREAKFAST BUFFET from 6-10 daily; the warm CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE and bottle of water at checkin. kind of like going to grandma's. The OKs: POOL AREA is nice, but it closes at ten. Would be nice to have a late night drink sitting around a very attractive fire pit before calling it a night. The quirks: NO RESTAURANT on site. Their Panini Grill is small for a hotel of this size and status; complementary WI-FI very reliable in common areas but intermittent, at best, in our 6th floor room; and the hotel's parking garage has VERY NARROW turns (make alt. arrangements if you have any trailer) and the stalls are a challenge to even the most experienced driver...an accident waiting to happen for others. There's no reasonable parking alternative that the six if us could come up with. None of us asked, but our three rooms had NO MICROWAVE oven. That said, I imagine this accommodating staff would find one for us somewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stylish DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley is the premier hotel in Mission Valley and is centrally located between Hotel Circle and Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers. Boasting beautiful newly renovated guestrooms with a California casual design paying homage to the nearby world famous beaches. The renovation included new beds and mattresses, new carpet and vinyl wall coverings, a unified and highly functional desk, dresser & hospitality unit, new chairs and drapery, new lighting and colorful art from a local photographer, 37” flat screen TV’s, and new exterior double pane windows and balcony doors to soundproof any highway noise. Each oversized guest room is amply appointed for the business or leisure traveler.Relax by our sparkling outdoor pool and whirlpool surrounded by tropical palms. Also enjoy our indoor lap pool and sauna and 24-hour Precor Fitness Center with cardio and resistance training. Tennis courts are also available. Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast in Fountain Café featuring a Mediterranean-influenced atmosphere. Also dine in Windows Lounge overlooking the pool patio where you can grab lunch, dinner or just a cocktail while catching your favorite game on one of our many flat screen TV’s. Our hotel is also perfect for your next meeting or private function, with 17,889 square feet of banquet space. Our friendly, accommodating team looks forward to welcoming you with our signature, warm DoubleTree by Hilton Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel San Diego
- Doubletree San Diego
- San Diego Doubletree
- Doubletree Mission Valley