Normally a Marriott guy, but was very impressed with this particular Hilton offering. Modern, updated, spacious rooms; above average bed; small fridge and microwave; good shower. Being presented with a warm cookie and greeted by the desk staff noting that I had gotten in early (they were expecting a post midnight arrival) let me know they were on the ball in terms of customer service.
Lobby was spacious and inviting, rooms were quiet and although not in the scenic part of San Diego, the Double Tree was located next to good shopping and very convenient to major expressways. 10 minutes from the airport; quiet neighborhood.
Would gladly book another Double Tree based on this experience.
The only drawback was the parking garage--tiny spaces, extra fee, and having to keep digging jun my pockets to find my room key card to get in and out.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel San Diego
- Doubletree San Diego
- San Diego Doubletree
- Doubletree Mission Valley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stylish DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley is the premier hotel in Mission Valley and is centrally located between Hotel Circle and Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers. Boasting beautiful newly renovated guestrooms with a California casual design paying homage to the nearby world famous beaches. The renovation included new beds and mattresses, new carpet and vinyl wall coverings, a unified and highly functional desk, dresser & hospitality unit, new chairs and drapery, new lighting and colorful art from a local photographer, 37” flat screen TV’s, and new exterior double pane windows and balcony doors to soundproof any highway noise. Each oversized guest room is amply appointed for the business or leisure traveler.Relax by our sparkling outdoor pool and whirlpool surrounded by tropical palms. Also enjoy our indoor lap pool and sauna and 24-hour Precor Fitness Center with cardio and resistance training. Tennis courts are also available. Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast in Fountain Café featuring a Mediterranean-influenced atmosphere. Also dine in Windows Lounge overlooking the pool patio where you can grab lunch, dinner or just a cocktail while catching your favorite game on one of our many flat screen TV’s. Our hotel is also perfect for your next meeting or private function, with 17,889 square feet of banquet space. Our friendly, accommodating team looks forward to welcoming you with our signature, warm DoubleTree by Hilton Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.