“Great hotel & location....” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #42 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Menifee, California, United States
“Great hotel & location....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband & I spent a night at the Westin San Diego and had a supurb time. The location is fabulous, right on the bay, with beautiful views no matter where you were. Seaport Village is just a short walk away with lots of fun shops, restaurants & bar choices. The staff was super-frienly & extremely helpful to all our needs. We will definately stay here again when in San Diego!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Clara G,

Our location is also one of the most favorable aspects of this hotel - we are nestled in between a few ideal neighborhoods allowing you easy access to the Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, the Harbor and Seaport Village. We are also just minutes from Balboa Park and the world famous San Diego Zoo! I am pleased to hear that our staff was there for all your needs. I look forward to seeing you in San Diego again soon.

Remain Well,
Alyssa Turowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I needed a place to stay in San Diego which was downtown, conveniently located near the airport and close to various attractions. I chose the Westin San Diego on 400 West Broadway due to its locale and good reviews - with the price being very reasonable.

The check-in process and service was outstanding, where the front-desk staff was friendly and very accommodating. Although tripadvisor does not allow me to select multiple options on the type of trip, this trip was initially a business trip, but decided to fly my wife and two teenage kids. I just so happened to have a problem where the room I was staying in had an adjoining room which was already booked. Nicklaus, the front-desk supervisor, was able to help coordinate two adjoining rooms in a very short notice, so my mind was at peace.

Both Yasmin and Rebecca (Becca) were tremendously helpful and friendly when I was trying to change my credit card information, so kudos to the entire Westin San Diego staff with their willingness to help and provide the exceptional customer service.

Also, we had room service and the food was delivered promptly and it was warm and delicious!!

If I am in San Diego again, I will make it a point to stay at the Westin San Diego!!

-Paul S.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city and the Marina are phenomenal with quite a spectacular view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Paul S.-from everyone here at the Westin San Diego, thank you for sharing this rave review! I am thrilled you and your family were able to enjoy your stay with us. The kind of friendly, seamless service provided by Nicklaus, Yasmin and Rebecca is exactly what we aim to offer our guests. I love hearing that we were able to accommodate your special request in adjoining rooms and the appreciation of the ‘delicious’ food from in-room dining. We can’t wait for you to join us again in sunny San Diego!
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Donald was amazing! I was traveling alone and didn't really know the area and he greeted me very warmly and gave me some wonderful suggestions on places to visit/eat within walking distance of the hotel. He suggested Puesto in The Headquarters and it was delicious! He was so attentive and personable it really took my experience in San Diego to the next level. The hotel is perfectly located because they are literally in the center of everything. I took a taxi to the Balboa Theater for a show and decided to walk back to the hotel afterward and felt completely safe while walking the 3/4 blocks or so back to the hotel. Plus the fitness room was very clean with practically new equipment. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone because Donald will make sure you have a fantastic stay!

Ebony C.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ebony C-I am thrilled to hear about your ‘fantastic’ stay with us! I will be sure to share this feedback with the entire team, especially Donald. We love sharing our recommendations of the local area to help you enjoy the best possible stay. San Diego is such a walkable city, and our downtown location makes it easy to get wherever you want to go. I am also happy to hear you appreciated our Westin WORKOUT Fitness Studio with all new machines. I look forward to welcoming you back on your return to San Diego!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Arrived after midnight, check in was quick and easy, room was larger than we are accustomed to. The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. Did not hear any noise from the hallway. Booked the hotel on Priceline and the price was excellent for a hotel of this quality. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Check Priceline Deals.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fabreps-I am happy to read that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but would ‘definitely recommend’ the Westin San Diego. Providing a seamless arrival and restful room aided by our signature Westin Heavenly beds are the type of amenities we work to offer all our guests. We can’t wait for you to join us again on your next stay in San Diego!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Juan the restaurant greeter greeted us with a big smile; he personally served us OJ and coffee and went in the kitchen to place an order of smoked salmon. Then the waitress came to tell us that our order was placed and took the rest of the order. We thought 45 min wasn't enough time for breakfast, but the entire staff made sure we got everything on time and also made sure we enjoyed it.

I come down to San Diego from Corona for work and my wife always likes joining me because of the Westin.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay view in the upper floors and if you get on high enough you will see not only the bay b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Martin V-I am so thrilled to hear your compliments of the restaurant service-thank you from everyone here at the Westin San Diego! Juan exemplified the type of friendly, effortless experience we look to provide for all our guests. I am so happy to hear your wife enjoys joining you as well when staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you both back on your next trip!
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I love the easy check-in at the front desk and the fact that there is no need to formally check-out of the hotel, just drop your keys in the Express Check-Out Box and your portfolio is e-mailed to you! Being a SPG member provided a nice extra perk of a daily Happy Hour and an option to earn bonus points for enrolling in their "green" program. The staff was super nice and accommodating and I really enjoyed relaxing in the bar/lobby area of the hotel after a long day of business. And, of course the bed was so comfortable! I loved my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a "bay view" room! Its beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Alyssa T, General Manager at The Westin San Diego, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Mpace45542-I’m thrilled you enjoyed such a lovely stay with us! I’m glad you enjoyed not only a seamless arrival but also the Express Check-Out departure option. We love offering special perks for our loyal SPG members such as daily happy hour and bonus points reward upon participation in our Make a Green Choice program. This program reduces water consumption and energy usage as well as keeps chemicals out of the environment. By declining housekeeping service for just one night, you helped save almost 40 gallons of water, enough electricity to run a laptop for 10 hours, 25,000 BTUs of natural gas, and 7 ounces of chemicals!
We strive to provide warm, friendly and helpful service to all our guests along with a restful night of sleep. I can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to San Diego!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location. Walking distance to Little Italy and Gas Lamp Quarters. The rooms are clean. the bed is very comfortable. You are provided with a fridge in the room. I have been to other Westin hotels that I had to pay for a fridge in the room. It has a nice small gym. You get a free bottle of water every day.

For the parking, there are plenty of parking spots around the hotel for $15 a day. There is one in the corner of West A Street and Columbia Street. Also you can park on the street after 6 PM till 8 AM. One side of the street you are allowed to park on Monday, Wed, Friday till 6 AM and other side of the street on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday till 6 AM.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
perspolise1-

The Westin San Diego is centrally located between all of downtown’s greatest attractions. We are walking distance to Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter and the harbor! It is easy to walk or take public transportation from our location.
We know that parking is difficult in downtown San Diego. Our competitively priced valet offers unlimited in and out privileges that the other lots and garages do not offer. Our staff can always help advise you on any of the questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you again soon in San Diego.

Kind Regards,
Alyssa Turowski

Been to The Westin San Diego? Share your experiences!