“poor customer service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
San Diego, California
“poor customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stopped by with my mother for lunch.
It was during lunch so the place was busy. We ordered an apetizer of spring rolls to share but the server, a man who seemed grouchy, gave us only one small saucer of dipping sauce. I asked him for one more. He walked away mumbling his unhappiness within my ear shot. Then came back with another dipping sauce but he literally threw it at us, on the table. My mother and I felt mistreated. The server seemed careless.
I will not go back.

Visited June 2012

San Diego
“It is worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've had a hankering for Vietnamese food for a while so after doing some research I decided to drag my wife to Pho T Cali on election night for dinner. We were really favorably pleased with the restaurant. Its a little far down to Claremont Mesa but worth the trip after the traffic on the 805 dies down.
The restaurant isn't some sleezy place. It is very modern and extremely spacious and clean. We started with a spring roll that was right down the middle. The portion is very large and definitely two people can share it
We tried two dishes - the vermicilli rice noodles with chicken and the grilled and shredded pork broken rice plate. Both were beautifully presented and came with the right sauces. We figured out after the meal that shredded pork is really shredded pork skin so we'd definitely skip that next time. Most of the people around us had Pho for dinner and it looked steamy good!
For $20 for two (plus tip) how can you go wrong?

• Visited November 2012
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Nice Vietnamese place just across the street from 99 Ranch Asian market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were going to the Asian market on empty stomachs. I do not like shopping hungry, so in searching for places we found Pho T Cali in a nice nearby mall. The decor and ambiance is calming with bamboo motifs and a giant mural of Viet-Nam. We were in at about 4 pm. There were 6 tables with customers. The pleasant staff rushed to our service with the specials and regular menu. A great selection of dishes at a reasonable price. I will definitely return!

• Visited July 2012
San Diego
“Diamond in the RUFF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Best value and service in town. My personal favorite is the combination Pho Soup extra large, great flavor and come quick!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Jewel in Sorrento Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Pho was amazing and the shrimp and crispy sugar cane fresh rolls outstanding.
Friendly staff and clean