“Very Comfortable and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   606 Washington St., San Diego, CA 92103   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Redding, California
“Very Comfortable and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed there with my wife visiting our daughter in San Diego. The hotel was clean and comfortable. A wide variety of restaurants and bars were all within walking distance from the hotel and Rite Aid was right around the corner.
And the Jacuzzi and pool were very clean and accessible.
Staff was friendly and helpful and the continental breakfast was wonderful.

Room Tip: Get the Suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sommerset while my husband was in the hospital.
I liked that the rooms were extremely clean and I felt so safe staying there all by myself.
The beds were the most comfortable beds I had ever slept in in a Hotel. I would most certainly recommend this place to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SommersetSuitesGM, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Detray,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us not only that but to hear that you felt safe in our hotel. Our team is committed to provide our guest with legendary service, and we're glad we were able to make that happen. We look forward having you in our hotel whenever your lodging needs brings you back to San Diego.

Yours in Hospitality,
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed at the Sommerset in August while visiting a friend in San Diego. This hotel is fantastic! The rooms are beautiful and very clean, the bathroom was huge and had two shower heads which I loved. The staff are so friendly, helpful and they remembered my name and my friend's name. The pool area is pretty, its quiet and peaceful and is a great place to relax. I'n coming back in January to celebrate my friend's birthday and am already looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mary J,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your lovely stay on Trip advisor. Thank you for noticing the great customer service. Our team works hard to ensure each guest has an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We appreciate your feedback and appreciate your loyalty to Sommerset Suites. We would like for you to know it would be an honor having you as our guest once again. Please free to contact us for future reservations.

Yours in Hospitality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This is more of a follow up review. Back in August I had a friend come out from NY to visit, I insisted that she not stay with me but instead stay at Sommerset. I was afraid she would be insulted instead after 7 days she couldn't stop thanking me for having her stay with you guy's. She is already looking forward to coming back in January to attend my 50th b-day. Thank-u Sommerset for saving a friendship.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Un1506,
We are very glad to hear your friend gave us a chance. We are pleased to know that everything went well and that our team members exceeded his/her expectations. Also we would like to thank you for the trust you have in us and knowing we will take good care of you and your guests. We value your feedback and appreciate the lovely review. We look forward having you and your guest back at Sommerset Suites Hotel your home away from home.

Yours in hospitality,
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here recently with our 3 kids. The room was suited for our family.
Although not downtown, the hotel was convenient to the zoo and other attractions.
The continental breakfast was included in the room rate and the kids enjoyed the waffles.
A good selection of cafe's and restaurants in the surrounding neighbourhood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Taos, New Mexico, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My daughter and I spent two nights here and were pleased with everything. We arrived at 1 am in the morning, and the night clerk was awake, alert and ready to help us even in our bleary eye-d condition. As we walked the neighborhood, we discovered that Hillcrest is an up and coming area of town. Whole Foods and Starbucks are very close, and the choice of both trendy and classic restaurants is very large. A taxi ride to downtown, the zoo, the train station and most other places ranged from $10 to $13. Parking is available for those who drive. Breakfast was not outstanding but adequate with hard boiled eggs every morning for those who need protein. We would happily stay here again. Busy neighborhood is very quiet at night--no street noise in our room at all.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and usually took the stairs rather than wait for the elevator. The outdoor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Palm Desert, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent, clean & inexpensive hotel. Good AAA discounts. Excellent continental breakfast. Cheerful and helpful staff. This hotel has a nice living room area, balconies, full kitchen with utensils and dinnerware. It also has a full-size refrigerator with separate freezer. Excellent value in a central location near grocery store, local restaurants and fast food places within walking distance. Very close to San Diego zoo, see world, airport, and downtown area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sommerset Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!