“Grand-daughter's trip to Sea World” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save 15% this Summer
Ranked #34 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Huntington Beac
“Grand-daughter's trip to Sea World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had problems finding a room that was affordable and nice, (especially after reading trip advisor's reviews). So I was pleasantly surprised with the Pacifica Hotel chain Sommerset Suites. The rooms were clean, and sufficient and would have been perfect for someone staying longer with the full kitchen. Even though it is located in the middle of the city, it seemed like it was tucked away in its own little area. It was easy to find and not far from Sea World, Old Town, and downtown. The restaurants close by were very good with a great variety within walking distance. (Try the barbecue with dessert at chocolat.) Every member of the staff we came in contact with from the front desk, maintenance persons, and breakfast host were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had nice robes and bedding. There was road noise with the sliding glass door open, but quiet when closed. My grand-daughter enjoyed the pool, and me, the jacuzzi, after long days at Sea World and sight seeing. Most hotels now charge a resort fee so the 9$ parking fee did not seem out of line. Personally I would rather have it included in the cost of the room. I was happy my grand-daughter thought the stay was Perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Every employee I encountered was beyond accommodating, from the front desk clerks who printed out directions for me whenever I asked how to get somewhere, to the breakfast attendant who formed relationships with all guests and ran around non-stop restocking supplies and keeping everyone happy! The front desk even offered me a new room the last (5th) night of our stay when I vented to them about the loud guest above my room! My 9yr old loved the hotel and employees too!

• Stayed July 2013
Aron G, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear britt143,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your most recent stay with us. The team and I were delighted to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we were part of your memorable experience.
It was a great pleasure having you and your family staying with us. We hope to be of service in the future.

Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just completed a San Diego weekend getaway with friends. Upon our arrival, we requested a room change to one with a balcony facing the pool. Ian, the staff person on duty, very amicably made it happen. He exemplified good costumer service. We than learned that the hotel was hosting a complimentary barbecue that night. This was an amazing feast, held outdoors poolside, and included grilled meats, beans, rice, tortillas, open wine bar, and lots more. One of our party requested a non-meat option and the staff offered salmon burgers. Our room accommodated 5 of us very well and we made good use of the kitchen. I have stayed here before and would definitely stay again. Well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Aron G, General Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Marilyn.M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We're thrilled to hear that our team members exceeded your expectations, Thank you very much for staying with us! We look forward to your next stay at the Sommerset Suites Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I booked 2 rooms here for a visit to San Diego. Checking was efficient, the rooms were clean and spacious although could have been slightly better maintained (doors coming loose in the kitchenette). The breakfast was adequate and the lady running the breakfast room very friendly and efficient. The only negative comment is the US$ 9 per day to park in the car park. I know it is a business but having paid a reasonable room rate it gives a bad impression to be charged to park in the hotel's car park.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was in San Diego for a week of work. I chose the Sommerset Suites for the location and value (price). When first checking in there had been a glitch with my reservation. The staff did all they could to solve the problem. They treated me very well. The hotel is not glamorous, but was the perfect place for me. I slept well, was able to work and relax in the great Hillcrest neighborhood and easily get to downtown San Diego (15 min bus ride). Running in Balboa Park, the Balboa Park museums and the mix of restaurants, bars and cafes in the neighborhood completed the picture. Even did laundry at the hotel for my next week of work. So relaxed. Many thanks to the staff of the Sommerset Suites - it was perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
viridiana z, Front Office Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear SawtoothinAmsterdam,

I appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us and we are grateful for the recognition you placed on our staff and quality accommodations. Please contact us when your travels brings you back to San Diego.

Yours in Hospitality,
Viridiana Zapata
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located at the Washington exit of the 163 freeway, this hotel is easy to get to and and a great launching pad to explore Hillcrest and Balboa Park. The rest of San Diego is just a few minutes away. The rooms are clean, the staff is very attentive, and the included breakfast has just the right assortment of comfort and nutricious selections. Lots of restaurants, shops, and a 24-Hour Fitness gym nearby. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Inla2000,

On behalf of the entire Team at the Sommerset Suites Hotel, We thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on our suites, hotel cleanliness and our location. We look forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Venice, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Sommerset Suites Hotel during a recent convention in San Diego. The front desk staff, especially Ian and Bonita were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is just the right size to be comfortable and personal. The breakfast was perfect and fresh. The pool area was very well kept and was spotlessly clean and beautifully landscaped. The staff could not have done any more for us. I would stay there again and would bring my family back for an extended visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Aron G, Manager at Sommerset Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Dale R,

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our guest service team members. They are valued associates and we will be sure to pass along your praise. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon!

Regards
Aron G. Gunver

Been to Sommerset Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!