“Luxury at the Good Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Terrace Hotel

You added Pacific Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Terrace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Diamond Street, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Special Offer
Beach and Breakfast Pkg
Ranked #4 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Tempe, Arizona
“Luxury at the Good Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. It's absolutely beautiful and the employees really make you feel at home. We stayed there three nights and had a blast. We stayed in the 3rd floor presidential suite and it was gorgeous with a full ocean view. You really can't get that much closer to the ocean. During the day, a lady took drink orders by the pool. It was our honeymoon and I told them that at booking. When we arrived there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us.
They do not have a restaurant on site but three nearby restaurants are available for room service. We did this and it was a very nice experience. You can also order breakfast up to your room which they cook on site. Continental breakfast is free but they have several menu items (about $7.50) that you can order and add to your room bill. We did this also and the food was really tasty.
The pool was fabulous with views of the ocean and there are always fluffy white towels available. The hot tub was also nice to relax in (both the one by the pool and the one in our room). I can't wait to go again. The location can not be beat!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

WE booked into the Pacific terrace with a travel zoo special reserving a non view room. When we arrived they let us check in early, and asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for 30 more dollars for a full ocean view. I am so glad we did, as it was one of the highlights of our trip. WE sat on our balcony for a couple of hours enjoying a glass of wine, and watching the surfers, the dolphins, and the sun go down. What a view!!! It was spectacular. And in the morning when I woke up, I could watch the ocean from my bed. Amazing. The staff asked us when we checked out if anything could have made our stay better, and we could not think of one thing.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We stayed in a presidential suite, the room was well laid out with a large oceanfront balcony, king bed facing the ocean, and 52" TV. The bed was very comfortable, nice chocolate at turndown service and reletively quite. The pool stayed active even though it was it was in the lower 60's. Jacuzzi tub in bath was nice, but would not drain and was not oprable for the last 2 days, they comped our parking for 2 days to offset. I was happy with this. The staff was friendly and engaging but not polished or slick. If you want a view this is the place to stay.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

The view of the ocean and pleasant staff are the 2 top things going for this hotel.The rest of my comments are to make other travellers aware of the full picture.We read the all reviews before booking this hotel and have to say at no that time was it mentioned that there was no restaurant or bar on site. I have never been in a hotel (priced at this level) where there is no restaurant and no shop to buy basic requirements ie,bottled water, sun cream etc.The hotel itself is in need of a fresh coat of paint and quite shabby. The room service is provided by a couple of local restaurants and is expensive and there is a basic cable television service, any other channels eg Disney costs extra .There brochure mentions all day pool service but that is very rare (provided by a little bar which is rarely open)and again no food available. The fridge in the room is stocked with drinks (watch the dates on the beer) and snacks which are at their sell by date or just short of it! Also beware the bottle of Evian on the table beside the glasses, this costs a hefty $5.We were fortunate as the air conditioning was not required as I doubt you could have slept through the noise.There is little parking outside the hotel which forces you to stump up $20 per nite to park in the hotel's underground car park.
No fault of the hotel however,the beach could have been better cared for as it didnt appear to have been cleaned in a long time and was covered in seaweed.A pleasant stroll along the boardwalk was marred by dodging numerous cyclists and joggers and lastly the whole area attracted homeless vagrants-a lot of whom appeared to sleep beside the restrooms located directly outside the hotel and on the benches on the boardwalk.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I would come back to this spot any time! The location was perfect, we did not have to use our car at all once we were there, you can walk to restaurants, bars, beach, and shopping.
The staff was so friendly and helpful, they really made us feel at home and welcome. The new breakfast was very nice and cheap!

Sarasota, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

My girl friends and I came to San Diego for a fun adventurous weekend! I ended up finding the Pacific Terrace Hotel online while researching for a couple of hotels by the beach. This hotel had it all!! Beautiful rooms, a great location (we didn't use the car at all!), bike and surf board rentals that were close, room service.....etc. what blew me away initially was the service! From the moment I called to make the reservation, the service was amazing. Again, when I checked in, Kyla went above and beyond with service and suggestions.

While we were in Pacific Beach we rented bikes and rode them along the sidewalk by the beach, rode them up to La Jolla Cove to see the art galleries and seals, we ended up renting surf boards to try some California Waves instead of the Gulf. We had so much fun!! I can not think of any other vacation I have taken where I had such a good time and was relaxed at the same time! I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Inland Empire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Pacific Terrace Hotel in San Diego for two nights over our Spring Break. We had a wonderful experience! We stayed in a beautiful ocean front hotel for our honeymoon that we thought could not be beat. The Pacific Terrace Hotel has now taken the top spot for our favorite hotel! We would like to make a family tradition of it and come each year to the hotel. Next time we will take our two children.

It is family friendly and great for a quiet get a way for just a couple. We stayed in an ocean view Jr Suite with a king bed. It was very spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was soft and cozy (I am very pregnant, and it was the best night's rest I had had in a while!). The customer service was amazing. The hotel is very close to many attractions. Sea World and Old Town and the Gas Lamp district are very close. I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels. I am not easily impressed- The Pacific Terrace Hotel exceeded all of my high expectations. Thank you for my relaxing vacation! We will see you next year!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!