“Best Experience Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Terrace Hotel

You added Pacific Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Terrace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Diamond Street, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Special Offer
Beach and Breakfast Pkg
Ranked #3 of 272 Hotels in San Diego
“Best Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I Stayed last year in September (late review I know). We stayed there for our wedding and when we told the lady at the front desk, she upgraded us to the Master Suite for the first night and then the Presidential Suite the second night for free!!! They were so nice and even congratulated us when we got back from the courthouse! We had champagne waiting for us in our room, courtesy of the hotel staff along with their congratulations! How awesome is that?! Of course, the rooms were amazing and extremely clean! The view from both our rooms faced the ocean and was incredible! It was right on the boardwalk and was close to a lot of restaurants within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is right on the beach. Steps away from staircase to beach. Request an ocean view on 3rd floor. Rooms are beautifully decorated in Tommy Bahama style beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, sand toys and bikes are all included. Bathrooms are a bit dated. Expected nicer compared to the style of the room. Valet parking for $25 a day. Service was outstanding. Rachel at front desk was wonderful and super friendly. Provide late checkout for a fee. I booked that at soon as we arrived. There was some confusion with that. Needed to double check. Then room key didn't work. Just double check everything. Happy hour poolside everyday from 4 to 5. Perfectly located. Definitely expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: Ocean view on 3rd floor. I wouldn't want one overlooking pool with ocean view. Get one on the en...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chcago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have three kids under the age of 15, the beach access and the hotels amenities beats them all. Down in the lobby waiting for you are bicycles, or beach chairs, boogie boards, sand toys & umbrellas. Our room was great, the pool was very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. If you needed anything, the awesome concierge Angela took care of it. Going back in September.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited hotel on accident while walking from Amore's Pizzeria, walked in and thought it would be funny to see the price, we thought we couldn't afford it, we were going to stay at hotel circle that night... Eric greeted us and did a great professional job showing us two rooms and their amazing views without us committing to stay, explained their service, helped us choose where to eat and it was/is luxury without being too stuffy, we are Midwest folks. Short of it we canceled our other hotels and are staying 6 nights. I am thankful I walked in to see the price, if it cost more than it does it would be worth it, La Jolla in 12 minutes, SeaWorld in 4, Old Town in 7 and the views and easy parking and the views

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at the Pacific Terrace Hotel for the fourth of July 2014. The staff was very friendly and the room had an ocean view that was magnificent. The food was great and never waited long for service. We accidently left a pair of boots behind and they were kind enough to mail them to us, free of charge. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The incompetence of the reservations desk and their accounting department is the reason my credit card was overcharged by over $1000. Way before we even checked into the hotel, they mishandled my reservations. And it was I who noticed their mistake and had to spend about an hour with the 3rd party booking company to have this hotel resolve my reservations. And even after they acknowledged their mistake, it took them over two weeks to refund my money. Meanwhile, they benefited from that charge on my credit card, interest free! It was like I loaned them that money for two weeks for free, only to have to argue with them in the end to get it refunded. And even now, one week after having checked out of their hotel, unexplained charges continue to appear on my credit card by this hotel. Once again, their "excuse" was something pertaining to the way the Controller handled the account. Meanwhile, the charge remains on my credit card until they resolve it, and God knows how long it's going to take them this time to refund me the money this time. The location of the hotel is perfect overall, but if I had to choose a second time, I would DEFINITELY NOT stay here again because I do not want to go through the nightmare of their business practices all over again. God help others who've fallen prey to their ineptitude also.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Julie G, Director of Sales at Pacific Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for writing your review, we share our guests' comments with our staff on a regular basis. I am so sorry we didn't provide you with the best hotel experience, that is always our goal as a group. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again, so we can leave a better impression with you next time!
pleasant ridge, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights and we loved it. The décor is Tommy Bahama so a beachy feel. The bed are comfortable and sturdy! We were in room 325 which is a suite w/ a partial ocean view. The view was great. The Hotel was close to restaurants and the beach. The beach toys and chairs were helpful.
The car parking was $25 but I guess I'm used to paying for hotel parking. Breakfast was good

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!