“Nicer than the Four Seasons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Terrace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pacific Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Terrace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Diamond Street, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Sacramento, CA
“Nicer than the Four Seasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed four nights at the Pacific Terrace early September. Took the Super Shuttle from the airport so I didn’t have to pay for parking or drive in all that congested traffic on Mission.

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons Las Vegas. The Pacific Terrace was much nicer and I had a better time. Also I didn’t lose any money gambling.

The hotel is right on the ocean. Nice to hear the waves at night. They provide towels in the room that you can take down to the beach. There is a pool and Jacuzzi.

There is a small refrigerator in the room and a Keurig coffee maker. They also have turn-down service with chocolates at night. The ice bucket and wine glasses are kind of hidden. They are in the cabinet under the TV.

I really liked that you can schedule the time you want your room cleaned. This is the first hotel I have stayed in that had that option.

Someone is very good with “towel origami”. Enjoyed my elephant and swan towels.

I will definitely be returning to the Pacific Terrace.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor (3rd floor) room if you are sensitive to the noise of people walking around in t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1,304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Pacific Terrace can be very pricey during tourist season (summer) however the other times it is the best place you'll find in SD. The staff is fantastic, location is stunning, small 'boutique' hotel that I usually stay away from. Parking sucks, it is on the water near other hotels, apartments, houses, restaurants, and the beach. We always leave our doors open and sleep with the sound of the ocean. Very nice. We have been going here 3-4 years now. Never been unhappy.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. Sometimes it is free, sometimes 20-30 dollars
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was a little hesitant staying here because of people that have been to San Diego before and stayed at other places and different areas. But my Travel agent told me that we will love it, and boy was she ever so right. This place is very nice, very clean and if you need anything they will accommodate you the best they can. My husband needed things printed and emailed back for work and the concierge took care of it for him. Dylan was very nice the night we came in and recommended some places to eat. The apples at the front desk are so shiny and very delicious. The back fresh chocolate chip cookies around 5pm. They also have a laundry service or self service there at the hotel. They have very good places to eat close by. The view from our room is amazing. We are going to La Jolla, and they made reservations for the town car to take us and pick us up. The cleaning people are very friendly!! We will stay here again and will recommend this place to anyone!! They have massage Therapy, but have not used it yet but knowing it is available is a plus. They also, have free WIFI

Room Tip: WE stayed in room 321, it is very large and roomy! With nice decor and every thing you would need.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Fantastic accommodations at the Pacific Terrace for my family's first visit to SD. The hotel is in a perfect location, surrounded by interesting restaurants, exciting night life and the most gorgeous beach you have ever seen.

We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights here, traveling to the nearby attractions: Sea World (15m drive), the SD Zoo (20m) and Legoland (40m). We also spent the day at the beach in La Jolla (15m) to snorkel and visit the sea lions (a must see!). The hotel package we booked gave us our beach amenities at no extra fee (boogie boards, beach chairs/toys and an umbrella were available) and the breakfast buffet at half price (even though we dined out every day).

We had a family suite which worked great for us. There was a sitting room with a pull out couch, kitchenette, and 1 bedroom with 2 queen sized beds. Our terrace was on the ground floor and while we didn't have a full ocean view the partial view was still breathtaking.

I would offer the hotel 2 suggestions: dimmer type light switches in the bathroom and smaller furniture in the bedrooms. Getting in and out of the beds practically required a step stool so that you didn't bang your shins and the super bright light in the bathroom was not very comfortable for middle of the night visits! Still the beds were outrageously comfortable and we all slept very well (the sea air didn't hurt!)

I would highly recommend the Pacific Terrace hotel, in fact I have already encouraged my parents to stay their on their first visit to SD! We will be back or so say my kids! :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am a San Diego local, had a few days off and wanted to spend a few days on the beach. I wanted a staycation but one that didn't feel like home. Pacific Terrace was an amazing place. Every morning I woke up on the beach forgetting that i was on the beach. The property was so beautiful the beach was a few yards away from my room. I loved the fact that the property was smoke free I didnt't have to worry about the room smelling like ciggarettes. The staff was also very tenative they went out of their way to make sure that I had the best experience while staying at the hotel. Whenever I need another get away from home I will be staying here.

Room Tip: Junior Suite has a little bit of everything.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New Hope, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had the incredible pleasure of residing at the Pacific Terrace Hotel in San Diego for a wonderful five days! Upon arrival, the entire wedding party was greeted with ear-to-ear smiles (which every wedding party receives, or should!). However, it took almost no time to realize that is how the fantastic staff here greets everybody, whether you are a guest or a passer-by. The room was an absolute treat to walk into, day after day! The maintenance of the hotel grounds is impeccable and when, combined with the breathtaking views, conceives a truly wonderful, worry free, experience. From the beautiful, sandy colored marble floors, to the gorgeous coffered ceilings, the vibrantly healthy shrubbery, the clean and clear, perfect temperature water in the pool, and the lightly playing music throughout the corridors, this hotel sports it all. Yet, all of this can me man-made and groomed to be somewhere else. The most front and foremost luxury of this wonderfully brilliant diamond in the rough is the staff. The bellhops Cameron, Andres, and Dan have a smile and a friendliness that could re-light the sky after sunset. The front desk staff with Rachel, Wilson, Megan B, Kyla, and Joe are so much more than ready, willing, and able to make your time here even more incredible. They will put a smile on your face upon every wlMeanwhile, Angelica and Megan are the most friendly and considerate room service staff I have ever encountered. While you are sitting by the beautiful pool area, Dylan is there for every towel, meal, cocktail, and erratic chair arrangement a guest could think of! Oh, and wait, the "Carribean Room" has the most amazing plethora of breakfast foods that you could ask for, and everything that hits your plate is INCREDIBLY YUMMY. When you are enjoying those mornings, Gabriela, Marty, and Sarah are all circling to make sure you are experiencing the best of it! Bottom line is: wherever in this hotel you wind up, you will certainly be greeted with an honest smile, true eye contact, and by somebody that has a desire to make your stay here the most beautiful out of any. Cheers and Enjoy!
Sincerely Signed and with Best Regards to All,
Andrew T. Theoharis
AKA: Their Biggest Fan!!! Enjoy Folks!

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just returned from a week in sunny San Diego, having spent the first four nights at the wonderful Pacific Terrace Hotel.
After arriving late at night with two children and mountains of luggage we were swiftly accommodated in our ocean view room. We were so grateful for the complementary glass of wine-that emerged as ¾ of a bottle!-after a full day travelling we really needed it! I had specifically requested the full ocean view and I was not disappointed! The view of the ocean and beach is worth every penny you pay for this hotel. (I know it’s not cheap!)
Its location above the cliffs of the amazing Pacific Beach is fabulous. The pool and hot tub area is lovely with complimentary pool towels refreshed anytime you request. From your sun bed you can watch people biking, roller blading, jogging and generally meandering along the boardwalk. It’s iconic San Diego and just what we wanted having come from England! The stroll onto the beach is about 10 paces from the hotel and then another 10 steps down to the sand-it’s very close indeed. The beach is amazing-huge, wide swathes of sand backed with big rolling waves and azure blue skies. The best bit about the fantastic location of the Pacific Beach hotel is only truly appreciated when sitting on the balcony overlooking ocean and watching the absolutely mesmeric sunset. Pour yourself a Gin and Tonic and be totally absorbed in this breath-taking view. We were blown away.
All the staff were exceptionally helpful in every way. The chambermaids kept the room completely spotless-no mean feat in our case-two kids- lots of sand/wet towels/sandwich making equipment etc. The concierge and front of house staff were very amiable and efficient. They helped us print off our tickets for Seaworld and Disneyland, saving us many dollars on the door ticket price. The hotel supplied complimentary body boards and chairs for the beach and basically sorted out any issues that arose for us, including recommending and booking restaurants, taxi’s etc. The laundry in the basement was hugely beneficial and really cheap too.
I can’t comment about the breakfast arrangements here as we walked along the boardwalk to Kono’s-for an exceptionally over large start to the day! But we could see families enjoying breakfast al fresco.
Only one gripe-and it’s not really worthy of mentioning-parking is $22 per night. After an initial moan about this we quickly realised it was so much easier to pay the charge than struggle around a residential area hoping and wishing for a space.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego and would love to go back myself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!