“Two visits - perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Terrace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pacific Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Pacific Terrace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   610 Diamond Street, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Pacific NW
“Two visits - perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is the most beautiful place to stay in the area - we stayed in March in 2012 for our honeymoon as well as March 2013 for our first anniversary. No need for a car here. Several choices for shopping and dining.

Room Tip: Many different rooms but the ocean view or partial is a must
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is an amazing place to stay! A friend and I just got back from staying here for two weeks. It was my first trip to California and it is one I will never forget. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean. I so enjoyed sitting out there every morning and evening. We were on the run a lot and after the first night this place was like our home away from home. The staff are all wonderful. I wish I could remember everyone's name but the one that stood out was Marty! I looked forward to going down to breakfast and seeing him there to greet us. He made us feel so welcome and I was sad to say goodbye. If I am lucky enough to get to California again this will be where I will stay. Thank you for everything and it was great to get to know you Marty!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Yucaipa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband booked this hotel for our 25 wedding anniversary. The suite was amazing with wonderful views of the ocean. It had everything one could ask for: in room jacuzzi, wetbar area with microwave, great location and balcony. The suite was spacious, clean and for the most part comfortable. This hotel is one of the best places to stay in San Diego and I would definitely go back!
The only reason I had to give this place a "very good" rating is because of the rubber covered mattress in which my husband and I joked calling it a "condom covered mattress." It made rubbery noises every time we moved and for me it wasn't too comfortable to sleep on. We have stayed in countless hotels from back east to Europe and we have NEVER stayed in such a high quality place that had rubber covered mattresses. I started to question how the hotel viewed it's clientele.
The second reason I gave this hotel a "very good" rating is because in my opinion it should only cater to adults. The romantic ambiance of the hotel in my opinion is no place for children. Call me selfish, but I did not appreciate hearing kids run up and down the halls.

Room Tip: Any room will have either a full/partial ocean view room. The cost of this hotel is well worth it!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a surprise gem. We booked last minute for a quick trip from LA to Seaworld and we wished we had skipped Seaworld to stay here longer. It is an elegant low-key place to really unwind. The service could have been better, mostly kids working there. But the property and location is flawless. I only wish they had an onsite bar that served drinks and small meals. We will return for a longer stay later this month.

Room Tip: The ground floor which I never take in hotels is actually quite good here as you have direct access...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at the Pacific Terrace the last week of March 2013, we had a wonderful time and all the staff were helpful and very friendly. Even after a mix up with expedia and the reservation they handled everything to sort it out and let us enjoy our first few hours of vacation without having to be making phone calls. Hotel is very clean and well serviced. Great location with great views - could watch the beach while laying in bed! Would recommend this hotel.

petoskey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is nice ! Right in the thick of things, Beatiful views, Close to everything, Right on the Strand !! Hotel is clean, Rooms are clean ! My family stayed at hilton a few miles away, Pacific Terrace made there hotel look like a dump. Hotel staff is there for your comfort. My daughter made the call to set up our stay, She couldnt believe the super greeting, she was smiling from ear to ear just by speaking to the person setting up our reservation. Our treatment never changed after arrival. Cant wait to visit San Diego again, We wont have to hunt for a hotel , Pacific Terrace is the place to be !!

Room Tip: i think there all nice !!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family stayed at the Pacific Terrace for 4 nights during winter break. My sons (ages 11 and 12) loved the hotel. In between our daily outings ie zoo, LEGOLAND, USS MIdway, the boys would want to rush back to the hotel and play in the hot tub or on the beach. The view from the room was spectacular. Buffet breakfast was adequate, but a number of restaurants are within walking distance. Great very long boardwalk right off the lobby. You can rent bikes or walk. We got good deals for attractions by using the hotel concierge. The hotel is well located, but you definitely need a car to get around. Hotel staff was very pleasant and our room was spacious enough. We opted for a suite which had a king bed and our boys shared a queen sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa was better than most because it inflated like an air mattress. We followed this visit with week in San Francisco, but my kids definitely preferred the hotel in San Diego more. This hotel only has 3 floors which made it more quaint than the large big name hotels. We'd certainly recommend this hotel as a wonderful vacation getaway.

Room Tip: Any room with a view. I prefer upper floors, but this hotel only has 3 floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pacific Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!