“great location but only enjoyable if not busy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Campland on the Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
Campland on the Bay
You added Campland on the Bay to your Saves list
2211 Pacific Beach Dr., San Diego, CA 92109-5699 (Mission Bay Park)   |
Affiliate website
Special Offer
Call us for Availability
Perth, Australia
“great location but only enjoyable if not busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for 10 days as our last stop to relax a little after 2 months travelling around CAlifornia with our young kids. It is a great location as close to San Diego's main attractions, you can get to mission bay by bike in 2minutes and it has a heated pool, playground and market.
Generally very clean. Some parts of the park are really packed with RVs one aside the other. Luckily we could stay in the non fully hooked up campsites and had peace and quiet.
We left the week of thanksgiving and were really happy as it started to really fill up.
Front desk staff is not particularly friendly.
Would advise it if not during busy holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here with friends for one night, i live in San Diego and it was my first time. This place is jammed packed with RV's and is wall to wall people during the summer, so beware. Alot of stuff for the kids to do, big blocked off swimming area in the bay, basketball courts, swimming pool (way too much chlorine but probably needed for the density of swimmers). Well stocked general store and a restaurant on site. Not much of a campsite, really, mostly concrete, there are some spots where you can pitch a tent but soft ground and trees are scarce here. If you like being around hundreds of people, and have a good RV, this place is for you. Everyone I met was nice, no problem people. Bathrooms are clean. Overall, very well run given the number of people packed in here. I have no idea what the rates are, i would not pay more than $30 per night.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Granada Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Every year for a several years I vacationed with my husband and 2 granddaughters at Campland. The sites are big. Each site was marked with gravel and had water and electricity. The power supply seemed to work well. The grass was neatly mowed and trimmed. This park is located in the heart of San Diego. The park contained lots of amenities. It has a boat ramp that looked very serviceable. The playground is good. They had a theater area where music played at least 3-4 times a week. There is a fishing pier for people who love to catch fish. They have separate swimming pools and jacuzzi for adults and children that cleaned on a regular basis. The bathrooms and showers are all over the place and they cleaned several times a day. They even have a clean dog park with lots of trees and benches where people can take their dogs. Employees are very friendly, hardworking and helping you right away if you need any help. The most importantly that this is a family oriented campground where kids are saved and can do their staff without parents supervision (going to game room, swimming pools, playgrounds, etc.) and the same time parents could relax and enjoy their vacation. I can’t wait to go there next year and I will most definitely recommend this place to all of my friends. Overall, it is a GOOD place to have family vacation.
Lucy V.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The website looks so good. I was expecting so much. The place is really ran down. The campsites are tinny and the ground is a mess. The bathrooms are very clean I have to say. It was OK but I don't think we will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a camp ground that is one of the cleanest I've seen. The ice cream store/mini restaurant needs some help but the whole camping experience is great. Bathrooms are cleaned several times a day, and staff on site is so friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2012
Douglas, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Me and my wife have camped and bag rolled on holidays for many years, last year we slept on the desert floor in a canvas sleeping roll with the stars for company, and my wife and I loved it.

About five years ago we slept in a dovecott in france with spiders dropping onto us all night followed by a few nights in a tent with mice running under the groundsheet at night, this we had little of no worries about.

Therefore when I tell you my wife burst into tears at the thought of the four nights I had booked for us here you will have some idea how bad it is.

We were in an RV and pushed onto a site covered in ants, which unfortunaley were not put off by the litter and discarded nappies that had not been cleaned up by the wardens or the previous occupants.

I read before booking of another British family who thought this was a disgusting site, but I was swayed by the years of holidaying here by more local members.

I can only say that British and American levels of quality may differ.

The beach was a great disapointment, and the only food bar and shop close at 7.00.

We did get to switch sites, but no cleaning was done until we were about to leave.

The facilities were always dirty, apart from the laundry (which was the highlight of the stay)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

You are going to be given a tiny patch of dirt with no shade on top of your neighbors. You will have to fit both your car and your tent into this spot. Our neighbors were big families of 6-8 people camping in several tents and having a huge truck, so when in the morning I was leaving my tent I was bumping into their tale gate. No privacy WHATSOEVER. Terrible experience. Loved San Diego though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple