“The best of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #769 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
San Diego, California, United States
“The best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My time at the famous Nico’s tacos is legendary. When I ordered two tacos I couldn’t wait to shove my face into that taco. It had the best meet in town, hand sliced cheese, and fresh lettuce. I loved it so much, it was the best taco of my life. When we were there we thought for sure that it was amazing but you don’t know until you taste them.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Best Burrito on the planet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Order the Carne Asada burrito with sour cream. I have converted about 20 people who visit San Diego to try this burrito. Their menu is overwhelming, but I have been eating here for 25 years, so trust me. I fly to San Diego about twice a year just to get this burrito. It is truely amazing. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, AZ
“Huge portions of rock-solid fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I worked a few doors down a few years back and used to look forward to lunch and their fabulous chicken burritos. I later came to appreciate their hearty breakfast eggs
(I order huevos rancheros, but I like mine non-traditionally scrambled.) They arrive quickly, fresh to order with a foil-wrapped stack of steaming hot tortillas. Heaven.

My half-Latina girlfriend swears by their frijoles as being authentic, just like her mom from the old country used to make. We still debate on whether their green or red salsa is better.

Not fancy, but who EATS ambiance? At Nico's you can sink your teeth into massive portions at very reasonable prices.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great for carne asada burrito but horrible fish tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

great for carne asada burrito but horrible fish tacos

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the BEST chicken tacos and bean/cheese burrito”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

the BEST chicken tacos and bean/cheese burrito