“The best hands down!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #192 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
“The best hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Granted it's not the marriot but its also no pay by the hour motel. I am from Arizona and work in the resort industry, and I loved it! The location can't be beat and the rooms wile not the most modern are comfortable and do the job. After all I booked this hotel with the intention of not spending a lot of time in it. The parking gradge offered a safe plase for me to leave my car, and I felt comfortable to walk around the neighborhood at any time of day. I enjoied drinking my complimentary coffie with my sub way sandwich (store is within walking distance of the hotel) on the communal balcony every morning. As a report employee I would happily stay here for another 10 nights anytime. The staff are wonderful and just as a side note there is a farmers market every Sunday that is just splendid. All I have to say to you is stop reading and book it already!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel online with a car and boy do I regret it. Looking at the pictures online, you would not think this place was such a dump! I immediately walked into smelling an Indian market. They were still using paper to complete the hotel forms! I had a 3rd floor room with view of the "courtyard". So basically i could see all the hotel family members going back and forth to their rooms.

It is close to things which was great. I needed that because i only stayed one night and im sure thats all I could stomach. The redeeming quality to this hotel is that the owners and family are all really nice, BUT thats not worth wondering if you're contracting a disease while you sleep. Slept fully clothed and still barely slept a wink.

If you can do better, please do!

• Stayed June 2014
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I walked in to a tiny and extremely dirty lobby, that reeked of curry. Every time I stay at an Indian owned facility, I notice they seem to actually take pride in filth.

The room size was adequate with bright walls, which made it kind of cheerful. Hard mattress, box spring is torn to shreds, stained quilt, nasty stained chair, no coffee pot (spring for a Mr. Coffee Junior wouldja!) old lamps, broken fridge (looks like they took their furniture from a dumpster), however, the carpet looks to be new. Mold around the shower faucet and shower head. Weak water pressure. I invested in my own pillow and a can of disinfectant. It should be about $40 a night, maximum, not $62. I don't stay in the room very much, as I'm always out and about in such a great location. Their wifi connection didn't work, but I connected to someone else's and it's strong, so I didn't bother to mention it to them.

The personnel is fairly sweet, and that is a plus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I can't say for sure if I was bitten by bugs on the bed, but the carpet and room smelled old and mould and the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros: in parking expensive city like San Diego, the free parking us a godsend

Look for some place else if you have a choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed 3 nights. When first checking in, we were greeted by the owner, Dan and he immediately made us feel welcome. He had some larger rooms that were available for our stay and upgraded us to a larger one.
Room was on the 4th floor overlooking the Bay, Shelter Island was just a couple blocks away and the downtown city lights were a fantastic view from the large common patio/balcony on each floor!
Dan was very helpful recommending places to go with regard to what we were interested in.
There is a liquor/grocery store right across the street as well as the Harbor Pub next to it. Plenty of breakfast cafes or restaurants to walk to in the morning.
I would definitely stay here again. The place was recommended to me by a friend of mine who lives in the SD area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kiryat Tivon, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The good thing is the location of the hotel, in the middle of the main street + a hotel parking.
The room was big but unpleasent. We had the feeling that anyone can get into the room throu the window. The "breakfast" wasn't something to mention, better to skip it. we found two nice places in the same street for breakfast.

Room Tip: find yourself a better place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is no 5 star hotel but the rooms are acceptable. I would stay here again. Friendly owners. Nice view from balcony. If you're looking for an inexpensive room good location yes this place is good. Neighborhoods in point loma are beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Cabrillo Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!