“I'll be back...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Bay RV Resort

Mission Bay RV Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Diego
Mission Bay RV Resort
You added Mission Bay RV Resort to your Saves list
2727 De Anza Rd, San Diego, CA (Mission Bay Park)   |
Ranked #170 of 269 Hotels in San Diego
Temecula, Ca.
“I'll be back...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I decided to make this our first trip in our new travel trailer. We had heard from friends it was a good place to go. It's right on Mission Bay next to the water. You have the great San Diego weather with the cool ocean breeze. It was easy to get to off the I-5 freeway and easy to maneuver even if you had a large rig. There are lots of parking lanes at the front office for check in. The staff were friendly and since I had booked it online, check it was about 1.5 minutes. We pulled into the resort and were a little taken back by the amount of asphalt, 90% of the location is black top. However, that also makes for a very clean park. It was probably about 80% occupied when we arrived mid-week. Our spot was easy to get to, unfortunately they are all back in spots. I was a little concerned about backing my trailer in with everyone parking on the roadway making for a little tighter turning area. However, I did it in one smooth movement (Clearly I underestimate my abilities). The full hookups are nice and while the wifi was pretty slow, it was always a full signal and worked okay. We didn't use the cable TV, but it was offered. There are several walking and biking paths around the bay area so we got some exercise in. All in all, we had a really good time. This will be one of the locations that we hit a couple times of the year. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Mission Beach has a great location right on the bay and close to Mission Bay Park. The park is clean with good security in place. Grab your bikes and go for a nice ride in Mission Bay Park. Close to I-5 so makes getting around easy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
las vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The title sums it up. Located right off of the I-5 Freeway it is easy to get to everywhere. I read a bunch of reviews and expected to hate this place, but in the end, it just left me a little flat. We stayed in space 52 which had a great view of the Bay, but we were facing the wrong way to see it. The place was tight; apparently some evil architect was ordered to squeeze as many units into this parking lot as humanly possible. The laundry room was ridiculously small; only plan on folding hankies and panties in that place. We were traveling in a 40 foot RV (The intrepid Berkie) and were parked next to a beautiful and massive Newell RV. In order to attend to some of the ignoble necessities of RV'ing, I had to stand within inches of our neighbor's picnic table and make small talk while donning rubber gloves to relieve our RV. It made for awkward dinner conversation. The wifi was poor, the staff was aloof, and the maintenance on the park was below par. An acceptable base station if you don't plan to linger too long a "B-" at best.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Beaumont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We go here about 1-2 times a year we go here if we can't squeeze into Campland... I perfer this park myself my family prefers Campland. There isn't a lot to do here for kids it's more for retired folks and adults without young kids. There's their bay infront and that's about it. Other then bike rides or heading to the beach.. I enjoy it because it's quieter and a nicer crowd here. Slower passed. And now there's the bridge they have that connects both parks so you don't have to travel the streets anymore that's real nice. Showers and laundry rooms are much nicer here as well and the best part to me is the price it's more affordable then Campland!

Stayed March 2014
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our family stays here for Christmas and we always love it. It is beautiful and the bay is gorgeous. There is also fantastic birding at this location and in the bay, if you are into that. The location is ok, depending on where you want to go.

Room Tip: Get a spot on the bay!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Paradise Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Even tho it is a big paved lot...We still come here once a month from Arizona. The location can't be
Beat and the proximity to EVERYTHING is wonderful. Great bike paths right to the ocean! May not be the best for families, tho i see plenty of kids on bikes...it is perfect for couples. Check out the bayside sites and the sunsets!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalispell, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed for 2 months, mid November to mid January as a solo traveler in a 27 foot trailer. I compared this one with other closeby resorts and this is the best one, in my opinion, for the Mission Bay location. Right out the locked back gate is a biking and walking trail that is right on the Bay where just gorgeous sunsets happen almost daily. You can walk or bike over to the Mission Bay trails in a few minutes, trails that can go 15 miles or so. Grocers and fast foods only a few miles uphill and you are close to other sights. The rv sites are wider than most other campgrounds nearby and there are some grassy areas on the ends of park and some behind the trailers. Restrooms are old but kept clean. Laundry rooms are older and small for size of resort but have newer machines and are kept clean.During the Thanksgiving and Winter Holidays it is almost completely filled so book early. The resort policy is that you must leave for at least 1 day every 30 days. This is inconvenient but the neighboring large resort requires 3 days out before a return. A big plus is the security team that seems on the ball with frequent drive through checks. They are very friendly also. This is a fairly quiet campground. The staff are fine and try to accommodate. I was personally assisted backing in, and assisted backing up to my hitch since I am a solo traveler. That was appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Mission Bay RV Resort? Share your experiences!